For all its Euro influence, Central America is no Western world. With Mayan ruins, Afro beats, and thriving indigenous cultures, this place is as foreign as can be.
The grand cathedrals were built by conquistadors, and the now the locals speak nothing but Spanish – but there’s something far-from-Europe about this place. It may be the tropical air or Caribbean sun that makes this place so different from the old world – like the smooth sand and stunning reefs of Belize. Or it may be the natural purity of the forest, in places like Costa Rica and Panama, where the people are happier than most places on earth. Or could it be the African beats of Cuba or the indigenous markets of Guatemala, forever weaving the exotic through this land.
20% OFF the world*
We’re taking 20% OFF* most of our incredible holidays. Book before 31 August and start the holiday countdown.Terms & Conditions
Top 10 trips in Central America
13 Days From €2,520
8 Days From €2,790
8 Days From €1,472
15 Days From €3,324
15 Days From €3,212
15 Days From €5,345
15 Days From €3,100
29 Days From €6,088
Why we love Central America
- From the cloud forests of Costa Rica to Nicaragua’s giant volcanoes, Latin America does nature on a truly grand scale
- When it comes to vibrant colour, energy and food, nowhere delivers quite like Mexico. Bargain with descendants of the Zapotec and Mixtec peoples over hand-woven blankets in Oaxaca’s buzzy markets. You may even feel brave enough to try a crunchy chili and lime grasshopper!
- The Mayans were known for their advanced systems in architecture, mathematics, astronomy and hieroglyphics. From the temple ruins of Chichen Itza to the once-mighty capital of Tikal, our experts will lead you on a guided journey through Central America’s ancient history
- Let the dreamy Caribbean carry you away in the island archipelago of the Belize Cayes. With sleepy towns, sun-drenched beaches and some of the region’s best diving and snorkelling, what’s not to love?
- While Cuba may be a time warp of 1950s American cars and fading colonial splendour, the locals dance to the beat of the moment (and the rhythm of a rumba). From Havana and Trinidad to Vinales in the heart of Cuba’s tobacco-growing region, discover the landscapes and history of an island nation that defies categorisation
Destinations in Central America
What our travellers are saying about the region
Essential Cuba , June 2017
A good trip of Cuba Higkights, make sure you have more time in Havana before or after the tour as there is so much there!
Review submitted 12 Jul 2017
Essential Cuba , June 2017
Peregrine tours offered a competitive priced tour. The pre trip information was good to have. During the tour the guide was very experienced,knowledgeable and friendly. Pre trip accommodation and transfers organised by Peregrine added to the ease of travel, especially when arriving at the destination late at night. Highly recommend the Peregrine Cuba tour.
Review submitted 09 Jul 2017
Cuba Highlights, June 2017
If wishing to visit a country/countries that Peregrine has organised trips to, I would not hesitate to recommend them. Trips are well planned - mine to Cuba saw us covering the country and not just tourist spots. Our guide was hugely knowledgeable so came home with a real understanding of history, culture and Cuban people. We were a small group of 7 from Australia and NZ aged between 50 and 80 and all enjoyed itinerary and trip.
Review submitted 25 Jun 2017
Mexico In Depth, April 2017
This trip had opened my eyes with regards to Mexico. It is a busy, prosperous country. The Mayan and Aztec ruins are magnificent and deserve similar attention to the pyramids in Egypt. The old world charm of Cuba was amazing from the classic cars to the numerous horse and carts used in the country areas. Highly recommended.
Review submitted 07 Jun 2017