Picture this: navigating the bustling streets of Ho Chi Minh City, soaking up the old world charm of Hoi An and sailing amid soaring limestone karsts on the emerald waters of Halong Bay. Now, imagine yourself there on a Peregrine Essence of Vietnam adventure.
In partnership with MiNDFOOD, we’re offering one lucky MiNDFOOD reader a trip for two to Vietnam, with return economy flights, on our 8-day Essence of Vietnam tour. You and a friend could be exploring colourful cities, enjoying delicious cuisine and immersing yourselves in centuries-old culture, from the vibrancy of Ho Chi Minh City to the slower-paced Hanoi. With an expert local leader, transport, comfortable accommodation and several activities included, this trip showcases some of the country’s finest moments along with hidden treats and quiet surprises.
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences on 07/10/2016 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEST on 16/11/2016 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, individuals must visit http://www.peregrineadventures.com/mindfood-vietnam-giveaway , input the requested details (including their full name and a valid email address) and answer the question in 25 words or less. They must tick the checkbox to confirm that they are an Australian or New Zealand resident, select to subscribe to Peregrine Adventures and/or MiNDFOOD (if they wish) and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period. For the sake of clarity, it is not a condition of entry that an entrant must subscribe to Peregrine Adventures or MiNDFOOD.
6. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. All eligible entries will be assessed by the Peregrine Adventures marketing team. The winner will be determined by the most creative response to the question in 25 words or less: Tell us who you’d take on Peregrine’s Essence of Vietnam tour and why.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. The selection of the winner will take place at Peregrine Adventures, Level 7, 567 Collins St, Melbourne, VIC 3004 on 29/11/2016 at 11am AEST. The Promoter may choose additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is selected.
12. The winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published online from 05/12/2016 at http://www.peregrineadventures.com/mindfood-vietnam-giveaway . This page will remain open for 3 weeks.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The first valid entry selected will win a trip for two (2) adults (aged 18 years or over) on the 8-day Essence of Vietnam tour with return economy airfares valued at up to AU$6,690 or NZ$7,640 depending on point of departure and season of travel. Prize includes:
• Two (2) x return economy airfares including taxes from winner's nearest departure city: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide or Auckland to Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) and returning from Hanoi (Vietnam);
• An eight (8) day Essence of Vietnam tour for two (2) people which includes seven (7) nights accommodation in a twin room (6 nights in a hotel, 1 night aboard a boat on Halong Bay);
• Meals: 7 x breakfasts, 2 x lunches, 1 x dinner whilst on the tourd;
• Leadership throughout the tour by an experienced local Tour Leader;
• All transport as per the detailed itinerary by Boat, Plane and Private Vehicle
• An arrival transfer
• All sightseeing as per the detailed tour itinerary, found here: http://www.peregrineadventures.com/en-au/vietnam/essence-vietnam-101908
Spending money, additional meals, drinks, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas (note that pre-arranged visas are required for entry into Vietnam), vaccinations, travel insurance, optional activities on the tour, transport to and from departure point (i.e. airport in Australia or New Zealand), additional transfers, items of a personal nature and all other ancillary costs are not included. The prize must be booked after 2 January 2017 on a tour departure prior to 30 November 2017 and is subject to booking and flight availability. The tour departure must have a minimum of 4 passengers already booked and confirmed. The winner and his/her companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
15. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
16. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take/redeem the prize (or an element of the prize) then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
17. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
18. Total prize pool value is up to AU$6,690 or NZ$7,640.
19. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
20. If the prize is unclaimed by 09/12/2016, Peregrine Adventures will award the prize to the second most creative response received. The winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published online at http://www.peregrineadventures.com/mindfood-vietnam-giveaway from 12/12/2016.
21. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
23. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if any of the informal presentations or any elements of the trip are delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) taking/redeeming or participating in any element of the prize.
26. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
28. The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
29. The Promoter is Intrepid Travel Pty Ltd, trading as Peregrine Adventures (ABN 35 007 172 456) of Level 7, 567 Collins St, Melbourne, VIC 3004, telephone 1300 854 445.