The Orient is a world that has long fascinated travellers, from the dawning of the Silk Road to the emergence of present-day superstates.
Asia’s sights are both fabled and unknown, from the Great Wall of China to the forgotten city of Merv. Experience Buddhist imperialism in Bhutan and Burma – where western influence is nowhere to be seen – or the dizzying lights of famous Hong Kong cascading over New York-style skyscrapers. The depths of Vietnam’s jungles may be world-renowned, but the untouched forest of Borneo remains untraversed. While in Thailand, there’s a smile always at the ready, the clandestine state of North Korea is only now unfolding.
New trips in Asia
Why we love Asia
- The popular image of South East Asia is often of its locals, and no wonder. Whether it’s a saffron-robed monk in Laos, a conical-hatted farmer in Vietnam or a colourfully-dressed street hawker in Thailand, wherever you go a smile is always waiting
- With its shining stupas, mystical forests and Buddhist temples, the ‘Golden Land’ of Myanmar remains relatively untouched by the western world. Guided by our local leaders, see Yangon’s magnificent Shwedagon Pagoda, marvel at the amazing leg-rowers on Inle Lake and float down the Irrawaddy River to the ancient city of Bagan
- The untamed jungles of Borneo are home to some of the world’s rarest endangered wildlife. Watch hornbills, proboscis monkeys and gibbons interact in their natural habitat, and see first-hand how orphaned orangutans are being reintroduced into the wild
- Incredible man-made wonders, ancient cities, food to excite and challenge the palate – China is a world unto itself. Sometimes its pleasures can be as simple as enjoying an early tai chi lesson outside the walls of Xi’an city, alongside locals who practice with their master every morning
- From the sleepy backwaters of Kerala and cultural Kochi in the south, to the desert palaces of Rajasthan and the bustling hubs of Delhi and Mumbai in the north, India is a multi-sensory explosion of life, diversity and incredible colour. It’s only fitting that we offer a wide range of regional trips to suit all interests
- Travel is as much about the journey as the destination. Our optional bike rides and walking tours take you to where the big tour buses don’t, while overnight train trips offer great opportunities to mingle with the locals
- For a few thousand years, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan were the true centres of the world, where east quite literally met west. Visit the fascinating cities of Tashkent, Bishkek and Samarkand, which are steeped in stories of conquest, wealth and trade
Experience life on the Ganges with Peregrine
Destinations in Asia
What travellers are saying about Asia
Classic Sri Lanka - Independent Journey, December 2016
Overall an excellent trip, some long stretches in the car, but necessary to get around Sri Lanka in the time frame. Sri Lanka is well worth a visit.
Review submitted 15 Jan 2017
Essence of South India, December 2016
This tour was a perfect introduction to Southern India and India in general. It helped me overcome my fears of traveling in what might be a challenging environment and gave an overview of a fascinating culture. The places we visited and the information we received inspired my interest to explore this culture more deeply. I appreciated the easy pace and physical comfort that the tour provided and cannot speak highly enough of our knowledgeable and engaging tour leader.
Review submitted 12 Jan 2017