The Orient is a world that has long fascinated travellers, from the dawning of the Silk Road to the emergence of present-day superstates.
Asia’s sights are both fabled and unknown, from the Great Wall of China to the forgotten city of Merv. Experience Buddhist imperialism in Bhutan and Burma – where western influence is nowhere to be seen – or the dizzying lights of famous Hong Kong cascading over New York-style skyscrapers. The depths of Vietnam’s jungles may be world-renowned, but the untouched forest of Borneo remains untraversed. While in Thailand, there’s a smile always at the ready, the clandestine state of North Korea is only now unfolding.
New trips in Asia
Why we love Asia
- The popular image of South East Asia is often of its locals, and no wonder. Whether it’s a saffron-robed monk in Laos, a conical-hatted farmer in Vietnam or a colourfully-dressed street hawker in Thailand, wherever you go a smile is always waiting
- With its shining stupas, mystical forests and Buddhist temples, the ‘Golden Land’ of Myanmar remains relatively untouched by the western world. Guided by our local leaders, see Yangon’s magnificent Shwedagon Pagoda, marvel at the amazing leg-rowers on Inle Lake and float down the Irrawaddy River to the ancient city of Bagan
- The untamed jungles of Borneo are home to some of the world’s rarest endangered wildlife. Watch hornbills, proboscis monkeys and gibbons interact in their natural habitat, and see first-hand how orphaned orangutans are being reintroduced into the wild
- Incredible man-made wonders, ancient cities, food to excite and challenge the palate – China is a world unto itself. Sometimes its pleasures can be as simple as enjoying an early tai chi lesson outside the walls of Xi’an city, alongside locals who practice with their master every morning
- From the sleepy backwaters of Kerala and cultural Kochi in the south, to the desert palaces of Rajasthan and the bustling hubs of Delhi and Mumbai in the north, India is a multi-sensory explosion of life, diversity and incredible colour. It’s only fitting that we offer a wide range of regional trips to suit all interests
- Travel is as much about the journey as the destination. Our optional bike rides and walking tours take you to where the big tour buses don’t, while overnight train trips offer great opportunities to mingle with the locals
- For a few thousand years, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan were the true centres of the world, where east quite literally met west. Visit the fascinating cities of Tashkent, Bishkek and Samarkand, which are steeped in stories of conquest, wealth and trade
Experience life on the Ganges with Peregrine
Destinations in Asia
What travellers are saying about Asia
Classic Sri Lanka , March 2017
Excellent holiday covering a wide range of different experiences across Sri Lanka. In Colombo make sure the tuk tuk has a meter (and uses it) and familiarise yourself with the map as in one afternoon we were taken the "long" way between two sites and then had two drivers in succession veer off in a different direction from that to our hotel in an attempt to take us on a city tour we didn't want. Keep your wits about you, they are not all honest.
Review submitted 28 Mar 2017
Untamed Borneo , March 2017
This was an excellent tour delivering on all promises. We saw so many birds and animals in their natural habitats. The visits to the animal sanctuaries towards the end of the tour - orangutan, proboscis monkey and sun bear - were memorable. The snorkelling was excellent - so many fish - and the visit to Mari Mari cultural village just topped things off. A great holiday experience I would recommend to anyone.
Review submitted 28 Mar 2017