Latin sounds and Inca ruins come to mind– but they all lie within a tremendous landscape of Amazon, Andes and hilltop lakes.
There are few things as rewarding as driving through the Bolivian countryside, over the colossal ridge which suddenly reveals sparkling La Paz splayed out before you. Or landing in Rio, beneath a giant statue of Jesus lording over a city of hedonism and dance. Nothing quite compares to flying through Iguazu Falls, or over Peru’s baffling geoglyphs, drawn into the sand hundreds of years ago. Meet the villagers who built their own islands on the sacred Lake Titicaca, or the playful seal cubs at the Galapagos Islands. This is the experience of awesome South America.
New trips in South America
Highlights of South America
See what it's like to tour South America with Peregrine
Why we love South America
- South America is a land of adventures. Trek the ancient Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, delve into the mighty Amazon rainforest and catch a boat to the thunderous base of Iguazu Falls
- Latin America’s diverse cities are packed full of character and dance to their own unique tempos. While an authentic milonga can be hard to find in Buenos Aires, our expert guides will help you track down the best tango venues in town
- Experience a variety of accommodation all across South America. Spend a few nights on a traditional estancia in Argentina, fall asleep to the sounds of the jungle in a cabin in the Amazon and retreat to an eco-lodge on the private Peruvian island of Suasi
- While spectacular wildlife can be found across the entire continent, the Galapagos Islands are something else. Giant tortoises, blue-footed boobies, pelicans, sea lions, dolphins and whales – this famous and remote archipelago is a hotbed of rare marine and bird life
- Bolivia features some spectacular, otherworldly landscapes. A two-day adventure across the rocky Atacama Desert and the vast salt lakes of Salar de Uyuni can change your perspective on things
- The tropical wetlands of the Pantanal are the untouched jewel of Brazil. Discover the region’s rich ecosystems, aquatic plants and wildlife on a jeep safari, canoe trip, walking tour or night safari
Destinations in South America
What travellers are saying about the region
Lima to Cuzco, March 2017
1. Make the most of the long bus rides...they expose you a never-ending variety of landscapes from the inhospitable deserts to snow-capped high mountains to lush green valleys. 2. At every hotel, be aware that you can't put 'used' toilet paper in the toilet - you must use the bins provided.
Review submitted 21 Apr 2017
Argentina & Brazil , April 2017
Peregrine Adventures is a great choice for those who enjoy a trip that will not only challenge and inform but also leave you with some wonderful memories. The tour guides and the local guides are all very professional with the focus being on giving you the best experience possible. I thoroughly recommend this company to those who enjoy an adventure without forgoing comfort.
Review submitted 17 Apr 2017
Amazon & Inca Adventure, March 2017
An amazing trip - I thoroughly recommend the 1-day Inca Trail ! So much more rewarding than taking the train... if you can walk 4 hours steadily uphill, but don't want to walk for 4 days. Lake Titicaca was another highlight that I will treasure. A great experience!
Review submitted 12 Apr 2017
Argentina & Brazil , April 2017
For those who enjoy a holiday that has diversity coupled with some low key adventures Peregrine Adventures offers this without skimping on comfort. The tour leaders we have dealt with have been of an eceptional high standard as have the local guides. As long as you have a reasonable level of fitness Peregrine Adventures are highly recommended
Review submitted 27 Mar 2017