What does the Vintage Vietnam package include?
- Return flights from any Australian capital city
- Choice of either 2 nights either pre or post accommodation
- Urban Adventure day tour of your choice
*Please note, the below dates do not feed into live availablity. Please call xxx or fill in below form chat to a consultant.
- Sat 30 Apr 2016 to Sat 14 May 2016
- Sat 21 May 2016 to Sat 4 Jun 2016
- Sat 18 Jun 2016 to Sat 2 Jul 2016
- Sat 16 Jul 2016 to Sat 30 Jul 2016
- Wed 27 Jul 2016 to Wed 10 Aug 2016
- Sat 13 Aug 2016 to Sat 27 Aug 2016
- Wed 24 Aug 2016 to Wed 7 Sep 2016
Why we love this trip
Spanning both south and north, you'll experience the breadth of Vietnam's wonderful people, history and landscapes – from the mysteries of the Viet Minh in Ho Chi Minh City to the beautiful lakes and boulevards of Hanoi
With two included internal flights, there's less time spent travelling and more time experiencing your destinations
What better way to immerse yourself in local life than with a Mekong Delta homestay?
A sleeper train to Nha Trang gives a taste of how the locals travel, a classic Southeast Asian experience you'll remember
Get up close and personal with Vietnam's historic temples, spectacular coastline and delicious cuisine, all with a touch of comfort
Is this trip right for you?
Your homestay will be more basic than your other accommodation. While homestays can vary, be prepared for camp beds with mosquito nets in a dormitory style with shared facilities. However, most travellers find that this experience with locals is a real highlight
Carriages on the sleeper train journey have bunk-style beds in 4-berth compartments, with basic bedding provided. Shared amenities are located at the end of each carriage. While conditions on board are basic, you'll wake up in a thrilling new location and can experience travelling like a local.
There is a fair amount of walking involved, with included walking tours in the downtown areas of each city, as well as in the caves in Halong Bay.
On the included boat trip from Nha Trang, you will ride in a small basket boat, with the opportunity for snorkelling. Let you leader know if you have any concerns about water-based activities.
Temperatures in Vietnam vary greatly between South and North. While there's no one 'best time of year to go', it's best to check the seasonal patterns on Peregrine's country information page to gauge the weather.
- Mekong Delta - Sightseeing tour including cottage industries
- HCMC - KOTO breakfast
- Ho Chi Minh City - Reunification Palace
- Ho Chi Minh City - War Remnants Museum
- Mekong Delta - Floating Market
- HCMC - Cu Chi Tunnels
- Nha Trang - Basket boat ride
- Nha Trang - Hon Mun Island swimming and snorkelling
- Nha Trang - Boat trip including lunch
- Hoi An - Ancient town guided walk and entrance ticket
- Hue - Imperial citadel
- Hue - Perfume river cruise and Thien Mu Pagoda
- Hue - Royal tomb
- Hanoi - Water puppet show
- Hanoi - Temple of Literature
- Hanoi - One Pillar Pagoda & HCM stilt house
- Hanoi - Old Quarter Tour
- Halong Bay - Overnight boat cruise