Discover the Wild Coast, Garden Route and the Cape of South Africa.
The best of South Africa’s coast awaits on this exploration of the exquisite Garden Route and Wild Coast. Take a journey through an ever-changing landscape of cityscapes, wildlife-filled national parks that cover both forest and coast, stunning lagoons, quaint hamlets, towering mountains, rural homesteads, and roads that wind along the end of the continent and cross through heritage vineyards. From Port Elizabeth, get acquainted with elephants in Addo National Park, hike the spectacular rugged coastline of Tsitsikamma National Park, and taste the incredible local produce of Oudtshoorn while cruising picturesque inlets. Squeeze between peaks on twisting mountain passes, look out for whales in Hermanus, and indulge in the continent’s best wine and food in gastronomic Franschhoek. Uncover the history and culture of Cape Town with a memorable dinner with a local family, then travel to the end of the continent on the astonishing Cape Peninsula. This is the perfect South African tasting platter.
- Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- Cape Town, South Africa
- South Africa
- Physical rating
- Min 15
- Group size
- Min 1, Max 13
Why we love this trip
Spend two days in the company of elephants in Addo National Park, then retire from days of game drives to the incredible setting of Kuzuko Lodge, sipping sundowners with uninterrupted views of the Karoo Plains and the Zuurberg Mountains
Cruise out on to the emerald waters of the Knysna Lagoon and taste some of the freshest, most delicious local produce on an Oyster Tour
Join an experienced local guide for a sunrise meeting with meerkats. Savour the unique privilege of spending time with these elusive creatures
Experience some of the world’s best whale watching without leaving dry land. Hermanus’ coastal walkways have the perfect spots to sit and watch the whales as they frolic in in the bay
Taste South Africa’s acclaimed wine heritage with a special Wine tasting in the Cape Winelands, where ducks form part of the workforce and hand-crafted wines are waiting to be sampled.
Uncover the colourful history of Cape Town’s Bo-Kaap neighbourhood and sit down to an authentic home-cooked dinner in a local home.
Is this trip right for you?
This is a unique Peregrine Africa trip as its slow paced itinerary uses a private comfortable air-conditioned minibus, and doesn’t include any particuarly long drives (which is usually part-and-parcel of travel on the continent).
This trip includes a hike in Tsitsikamma National Park that will take approximately half a day.
Accommodation in Tsitsikamma is 'best available' due to the size of our group, however we are confident you will enjoy the rustic free-standing wood cabins each with their own fireplace.
Meals12 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners
TransportBoat, Private vehicle, Van
AccommodationFarmstay (2 nights), Hotel (6 nights), Lodge (4 nights)
- Complimentary airport arrival transfer
- Addo National Park - Afternoon 4x4 Game Drive
- Addo National Park - Morning 4x4 Game Drive
- Tsitsikamma National Park - Half Day Hike
- Knysna Lagoon - Oyster Tasting Cruise
- Oudtshoorn - Meerkat Experience
- Oudtshoorn - Cango Caves Guided Tour
- Mosselbay - Diaz Museum visit
- Stellenbosch - Vergenoegd Duck Parade & Wine Tasting
- Cape Peninsula - Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
- Cape Peninsula - Day Tour
- Cape Town - Cape Malay Home-Cooked Meal
Dates & availability
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our South Africa's Garden Route trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
Jump to a departure month
1. An optional single supplement is available on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Tsitsikamma National Park: Accommodation in Tsitsikamma is 'best available' due to the size of our group, however we are confident you will enjoy the rustic free-standing wood cabins each with their own fireplace.