It once exerted terrible force over the world, then reeled into the modern era – bringing the rest of the planet along for the ride.
Europe’s heritage may be dark, but the ‘Old Continent’ is nonetheless a beauty. Russia’s imperial palaces stand testament to a terrible past, and the Vatican City still exerts a hold on the Catholic world. But Europe’s dusky eras are tempered by southern delights. There’s the blue and white of Mediterranean Greece – the ancient civilization that birthed Western culture – and the little known Jewel of the Adriatic, the glinting town of Dubrovnik. And for all its cultural feats, Europe still provides its natural escapes, from the trails of the Swiss Alps to Slovenia’s labyrinthine forests.
Top 10 trips in Europe
8 Days From $3,520
8 Days From $2,455
15 Days From $5,565
8 Days From $2,850
8 Days From $2,490
15 Days From $1,985
7 Days From $2,525
8 Days From $2,380
13 Days From $5,365
8 Days From $2,580
Why we love Europe
- While Europe boasts plenty of rugged mountains and wild landscapes, it also excels at gentle pleasures and the finer things in life. Cycle between Provencal villages in France, walk through colourful cliff-top villages along the Amalfi Coast and sample the gastronomic delights of Italy and Spain.
- The impressive cities, palaces and landmarks of Eastern Europe rival those found in the West, but are less swarming with tourists
- There’s a lot more to Turkey than hot air balloon rides over Cappadocia (although this is often a stand-out experience). Discover a nation steeped in diverse traditions, rich history, unbelievable landscapes and proud local narratives
- Italy has drawn tourists for millennia, and there are many great ways to see it. We aim to show you a side of the country that others don’t, pointing out the little Italian idiosyncrasies that we’ve come to know and love
- The European tour itineraries in France are built for comfort, not speed. Rather than providing a carousel of 'best of' highlights, we place an emphasis on self-discovery and immersion
- From the historic city of Split to the Adriatic island of Mljet, culture, beauty and great weather come effortlessly together along Croatia’s stunning Dalmatian Coast
Destinations for Europe trips
What travellers are saying about European tours
Slovenia & Croatia, May 2017
Peregrine provided a quality Slovenia/Croatia tour, which included amazing local Guide full of regions knowledge. Plenty of organised activities included, each day full of interesting and fun things to do. Slovenia's 2-days amazing, surprised by it's beauty. Must do is "Postojna Caves", Lake Bled and the highlight ..."Plitviska Lakes NP".
Review submitted 28 Jun 2017
Highlights of Greece, May 2017
We visited some of the major historical sites on the mainland; the ancient ones awe inspiring in their antiquity and magnificence, and the more recent(!) the Byzantine monasteries with their fabulous frescoes. If the days were sometimes long (the mainland is large), there was sufficient time at the sites and at the end of the day to eat and explore. We were a group of 13 and our leader, Ourania, had degrees in art history and archeology. She was not only very knowledgeable, she impressed us all with her warmth, humour and inclusiveness. For people interested in our history, in Greece and in art we would highly recommend this tour.
Review submitted 28 Jun 2017
Highlights of Iceland, May 2017
Iceland is a once in a lifetime opportunity, where you can visit surreal landscapes and enjoy a unique culture, including its eclectic people. We found it so much more informative and accessible to be on a tour with a knowledgeable guide who offered us valuable insights into such a mystical and dramatic history, culture and environment.
Review submitted 26 Jun 2017