It once exerted terrible force over the world, then reeled into the modern era – bringing the rest of the planet along for the ride.
Europe’s heritage may be dark, but the ‘Old Continent’ is nonetheless a beauty. Russia’s imperial palaces stand testament to a terrible past, and the Vatican City still exerts a hold on the Catholic world. But Europe’s dusky eras are tempered by southern delights. There’s the blue and white of Mediterranean Greece – the ancient civilization that birthed Western culture – and the little known Jewel of the Adriatic, the glinting town of Dubrovnik. And for all its cultural feats, Europe still provides its natural escapes, from the trails of the Swiss Alps to Slovenia’s labyrinthine forests.
Top 10 Tours in Europe
8 Days From $3,520
8 Days From $2,455
15 Days From $5,565
8 Days From $2,850
8 Days From $2,490
15 Days From $1,985
15 Days From $1,710
7 Days From $2,525
8 Days From $2,380
13 Days From $5,110
8 Days From $2,435
Why we love Europe
- While Europe boasts plenty of rugged mountains and wild landscapes, it also excels at gentle pleasures and the finer things in life. Cycle between Provencal villages in France, walk through colourful cliff-top villages along the Amalfi Coast and sample the gastronomic delights of Italy and Spain.
- The impressive cities, palaces and landmarks of Eastern Europe rival those found in the West, but are less swarming with tourists
- There’s a lot more to Turkey than hot air balloon rides over Cappadocia (although this is often a stand-out experience). Discover a nation steeped in diverse traditions, rich history, unbelievable landscapes and proud local narratives
- Italy has drawn tourists for millennia, and there are many great ways to see it. We aim to show you a side of the country that others don’t, pointing out the little Italian idiosyncrasies that we’ve come to know and love
- The European tour itineraries in France are built for comfort, not speed. Rather than providing a carousel of 'best of' highlights, we place an emphasis on self-discovery and immersion
- From the historic city of Split to the Adriatic island of Mljet, culture, beauty and great weather come effortlessly together along Croatia’s stunning Dalmatian Coast
Destinations for Europe trips
What travellers are saying about European tours
Highlights of Iceland, May 2017
Iceland is a once in a lifetime opportunity, where you can visit surreal landscapes and enjoy a unique culture, including its eclectic people. We found it so much more informative and accessible to be on a tour with a knowledgeable guide who offered us valuable insights into such a mystical and dramatic history, culture and environment.
Review submitted 26 Jun 2017
Highlights of the Western Balkans, May 2017
Kim & Wayne Bland
So very happy that we chose this tour! Discovering the stunning beauty of Slovenia; exploring Croatia with its magnificent coastline, medieval 'stari grads' (old towns), and incredibly green islands; then experiencing the history and culture of the less-visited, but so interesting, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Serbia. Just wonderful!
Review submitted 25 Jun 2017
Explore Azerbaijan, Georgia & Armenia, June 2017
Don't be put off by statement that trip requires an amount of walking .(I'm 85 and coped OK)
Review submitted 25 Jun 2017