It once exerted terrible force over the world, then reeled into the modern era – bringing the rest of the planet along for the ride.
Europe’s heritage may be dark, but the ‘Old Continent’ is nonetheless a beauty. Russia’s imperial palaces stand testament to a terrible past, and the Vatican City still exerts a hold on the Catholic world. But Europe’s dusky eras are tempered by southern delights. There’s the blue and white of Mediterranean Greece – the ancient civilization that birthed Western culture – and the little known Jewel of the Adriatic, the glinting town of Dubrovnik. And for all its cultural feats, Europe still provides its natural escapes, from the trails of the Swiss Alps to Slovenia’s labyrinthine forests.
20% OFF the world
Save 20% on tours worldwide. Book by August 31.Terms & Conditions
Top 10 trips in Europe
8 Days From $2,736
8 Days From $1,964
15 Days From $4,452
8 Days From $2,280
8 Days From $1,992
15 Days From $1,588
7 Days From $2,425
8 Days From $2,380
13 Days From $5,205
8 Days From $2,064
Why we love Europe
- While Europe boasts plenty of rugged mountains and wild landscapes, it also excels at gentle pleasures and the finer things in life. Cycle between Provencal villages in France, walk through colourful cliff-top villages along the Amalfi Coast and sample the gastronomic delights of Italy and Spain.
- The impressive cities, palaces and landmarks of Eastern Europe rival those found in the West, but are less swarming with tourists
- There’s a lot more to Turkey than hot air balloon rides over Cappadocia (although this is often a stand-out experience). Discover a nation steeped in diverse traditions, rich history, unbelievable landscapes and proud local narratives
- Italy has drawn tourists for millennia, and there are many great ways to see it. We aim to show you a side of the country that others don’t, pointing out the little Italian idiosyncrasies that we’ve come to know and love
- The European tour itineraries in France are built for comfort, not speed. Rather than providing a carousel of 'best of' highlights, we place an emphasis on self-discovery and immersion
- From the historic city of Split to the Adriatic island of Mljet, culture, beauty and great weather come effortlessly together along Croatia’s stunning Dalmatian Coast
Destinations for Europe trips
What travellers are saying about European tours
Gallipoli Battlefields Experience - Independent, April 2017
Great organisation providing excellent details of our trip specially as we first time travellers to Turkey.
Review submitted 25 Jul 2017
Essence of Spain, June 2017
travellers should read and fully understand the trip notes before booking. They should make sure they are prepared to do all activities and get on with fellow travellers and not spoil travel for other travellers.
Review submitted 22 Jul 2017
Images of Portugal, July 2017
This trip was all that was promised though personally I would have preferred one with a little more activity such as cycling, swimming, excursions etc. It was a good size and the calibre of guide was excellent.
Review submitted 19 Jul 2017