Built in Denmark in 1992, the Ocean Nova delivers clean, crisp Scandinavian styling and has a reputation as an excellent ship for expeditions to Antarctica. Originally built to sail the ice-choked waters of Greenland, Ocean Nova’s ice-strengthened hull has enabled the ship to park in the ice of the Weddell Sea! With a glass-enclosed observation lounge, a presentation room on the top deck, and all ensuite cabins, this expedition vessel is a comfortable option for discovering the polar regions. With a maximum of just 83 guests, the Ocean Nova offers a more intimate, small group, expedition experience with all the benefits that affords.
- Expert expedition team
- All Zodiac excursions
- All onboard meals
- Access to the bridge
- Access to the lounge, bar and library
- Staff & Crew: 38
- Passengers: 83
- Lifeboats: 2, fully enclosed, capacity of 90
- Length: 73.0 m
- Breadth: 11.0 m
- Draft: 3.7 m
- Propulsion: Diesel engines –
- 2000- horsepower
- Ice Class: 1B, EO (Hull Ice 1A)
- Cruising Speed: 12 knots in open water
- Registered: Bahamas
- All cabins have exterior views.
- One dining room with unreserved seating.
- Lounge and bar, open in the afternoon until late evening.
- Library with a collection of polar-themed books.
- Ship-to-shore communications via satellite.
- Clinic with licensed doctor.