Latin sounds and Inca ruins come to mind– but they all lie within a tremendous landscape of Amazon, Andes and hilltop lakes.
There are few things as rewarding as driving through the Bolivian countryside, over the colossal ridge which suddenly reveals sparkling La Paz splayed out before you. Or landing in Rio, beneath a giant statue of Jesus lording over a city of hedonism and dance. Nothing quite compares to flying through Iguazu Falls, or over Peru’s baffling geoglyphs, drawn into the sand hundreds of years ago. Meet the villagers who built their own islands on the sacred Lake Titicaca, or the playful seal cubs at the Galapagos Islands. This is the experience of awesome South America.
New trips in South America
Highlights of South America
See what it's like to tour South America with Peregrine
Why we love South America
- South America is a land of adventures. Trek the ancient Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, delve into the mighty Amazon rainforest and catch a boat to the thunderous base of Iguazu Falls
- Latin America’s diverse cities are packed full of character and dance to their own unique tempos. While an authentic milonga can be hard to find in Buenos Aires, our expert guides will help you track down the best tango venues in town
- Experience a variety of accommodation all across South America. Spend a few nights on a traditional estancia in Argentina, fall asleep to the sounds of the jungle in a cabin in the Amazon and retreat to an eco-lodge on the private Peruvian island of Suasi
- While spectacular wildlife can be found across the entire continent, the Galapagos Islands are something else. Giant tortoises, blue-footed boobies, pelicans, sea lions, dolphins and whales – this famous and remote archipelago is a hotbed of rare marine and bird life
- Bolivia features some spectacular, otherworldly landscapes. A two-day adventure across the rocky Atacama Desert and the vast salt lakes of Salar de Uyuni can change your perspective on things
- The tropical wetlands of the Pantanal are the untouched jewel of Brazil. Discover the region’s rich ecosystems, aquatic plants and wildlife on a jeep safari, canoe trip, walking tour or night safari
Destinations in South America
What travellers are saying about the region
Amazon & Inca Adventure, February 2017
This is not Hilton to Hilton hotels. Immerse yourself in the culture, how other people live and how they are all intimately involved in sustainable tourism. GO FOR IT!
Review submitted 24 Feb 2017
Chile & Argentina, January 2017
Having traveled with Intrepid many times we chose Peregrine this time at it offered more comfort regarding transport and accommodation. It is important to get transfers confirmed so that you don't get left stranded when your expected pickup does not arrive at airports which is what happened to us at Santiago.
Review submitted 07 Feb 2017