Latin sounds and Inca ruins come to mind– but they all lie within a tremendous landscape of Amazon, Andes and hilltop lakes.
There are few things as rewarding as driving through the Bolivian countryside, over the colossal ridge which suddenly reveals sparkling La Paz splayed out before you. Or landing in Rio, beneath a giant statue of Jesus lording over a city of hedonism and dance. Nothing quite compares to flying through Iguazu Falls, or over Peru’s baffling geoglyphs, drawn into the sand hundreds of years ago. Meet the villagers who built their own islands on the sacred Lake Titicaca, or the playful seal cubs at the Galapagos Islands. This is the experience of awesome South America.
New trips in South America
Highlights of South America
See what it's like to tour South America with Peregrine
Why we love South America
- South America is a land of adventures. Trek the ancient Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, delve into the mighty Amazon rainforest and catch a boat to the thunderous base of Iguazu Falls
- Latin America’s diverse cities are packed full of character and dance to their own unique tempos. While an authentic milonga can be hard to find in Buenos Aires, our expert guides will help you track down the best tango venues in town
- Experience a variety of accommodation all across South America. Spend a few nights on a traditional estancia in Argentina, fall asleep to the sounds of the jungle in a cabin in the Amazon and retreat to an eco-lodge on the private Peruvian island of Suasi
- While spectacular wildlife can be found across the entire continent, the Galapagos Islands are something else. Giant tortoises, blue-footed boobies, pelicans, sea lions, dolphins and whales – this famous and remote archipelago is a hotbed of rare marine and bird life
- Bolivia features some spectacular, otherworldly landscapes. A two-day adventure across the rocky Atacama Desert and the vast salt lakes of Salar de Uyuni can change your perspective on things
- The tropical wetlands of the Pantanal are the untouched jewel of Brazil. Discover the region’s rich ecosystems, aquatic plants and wildlife on a jeep safari, canoe trip, walking tour or night safari
Destinations in South America
What travellers are saying about the region
Amazon & Inca Adventure, May 2017
We certainly recommend Peregrine for small group tours and the knowledge of their tour guides. We have just finished the Peruvian, Amazon trip and it was very well organised. Our leader was Carlos Lechuga and he was very knowledgeable and passionate about his country and making sure we were safe and secure.
Review submitted 14 Jun 2017
Argentina & Brazil , June 2017
I just love Peregrine trips. Always feel safe, great accommodation and the guides have been excellent. We always get that cultural experience we look for. Well done yet again Peregrine.
Review submitted 14 Jun 2017
Lima to Cuzco, May 2017
Robert & Raelene Kempe
This was not a holiday, it was a grand adventure. As mid-70s travellers we were really challenged, but loved the experience of another culture in this dramatically beautiful country of incredible contrasts.
Review submitted 13 Jun 2017