If any place was made for exploration by ship, it’s the coasts and islands of Thailand and Malaysia.
Most travellers only get to experience those pearly white beaches, those jungled hills, those glassy waters, from dry land. But with our brand-new Adventure Cruises in Asia, a whole new world of possibilities has washed up at your feet. Join us as we cruise from Phuket to Penang – just try to get to the end without booking.
1. The stylish 160-foot Panorama II carries a maximum of 48 passengers. A far cry from the huge cruise liners one might spot far in the distance when cruising to places only a small ship can reach.
2. The stern offers oceans of room to stretch out and catch the sun with book, or cocktail from the bar, in hand.
3. As well as breakfast each morning, the onboard chef and his team whip up a fusion cuisine-inspired spread for lunch or dinner each day. Expect the likes of fresh seafood, curries, noodles and more.
4. Out on the water, you’re pretty much always guaranteed stunning sunsets, the light spreading across the sea and bringing out the colour of the karst rock.
5. Island visits offer the chance to meet locals and learn about island life off the southwest coast of Thailand. Get pandan weaving tips from a master, or help with a unique reforestation program.
6. Alongside local-led onshore excursions, there’s plenty of free time to explore by longtail boat or join in activities, like learning how to create local flavours back home with tasty cooking classes.
7. Hundreds of islands dot the waters of Andaman Sea, and the beauty of a small ship is that it can drop anchor – maybe for a beach barbecue – wherever it likes.
8. From lunch on the beach to dinner with a local family in their home, Adventure Cruising is just as much a journey through different tastes and flavours.
9. Looking for that deserted tropical island escape? With Adventure Cruising you get the best parts of that, with all the comforts of a luxury motor yacht to come back to.
10. If jumping off the back of the boat into an ocean-sized swimming pool isn’t cooling enough, dunk into the seven waterfalls on Langkawi island.
11. From street food snacks to dish-ladened group dinners, the only question in Malaysia is how you’ll fit it all in.
12. Experience a different slice of island life in Penang, taking in the shophouses, narrow streets, and street art that give Georgetown a unique atmosphere.
13. One thing you’re bound to leave your trip with? New friends. Our small group sizes mean you’ll be with travellers who all share the same sense of adventure and desire to do things a little differently.
Interested in joining us on Adventure Cruise in Asia? Explore our range of cruises now.
All photos by Damien Raggatt.