A distinctly Portuguese archipelago off the coast of West Africa, Cape Verde is not your typical tropical island getaway.
The volcanic archipelago some 500 kilometres (310 miles) off the coast of Senegal is ripe with white sand beaches and sparkling waters. And it only gets more interesting as one moves beyond the shore; the islands of Cape Verde vary greatly in character and scenery. Find forested hills, volcanic landscapes, well-preserved colonial towns, colourful markets and fertile fields ripe with sugarcane, banana and coffee plantations. All while the aching sound of morna (Cape Verde’s unique music style) rings through the air. Add its intoxicating culture – a mix of Portuguese and African influences – and the fact that Cape Verde is relatively off the tourist trail, and the itinerary is suddenly a very interesting one indeed.
Highlights of Cape Verde
Excursions and experiences
Here are just a few of the experiences you'll share in Cape Verde.
- Tour Cidade Velha with a local guide and learn about its history as the first colonial city built in the tropics and a one-time slavery outpost.
- Venture to Valley Paul to sample grogue, the local drop distilled from sugarcane. If this potent spirit doesn’t fire the cockles of the heart, nothing will.
- Get to know one of the most well-preserved colonial cities in Cape Verde, Mindelo, on a leader-led walking tour.
- Enjoy a day exploring Cape Verde’s highest peak. Walk with a local guide to the crater edge of Fogo Volcano, which rises nearly 3,000 metres (9,800 feet) above sea level, and top it off with lunch at the village nearby.
The Peregrine difference
The Harmony G has the look of a luxury yacht without the luxury price tag. State-of-the-art stabilisers ensure your trip is as comfortable as possible. An outdoor dining area, sun deck and bar means you can spend as much time as possible soaking in the sun, or cool down in the stylish indoor dining room or lounge.
- Turndown service twice a day.
- Fully equipped laundry service.
- Use of kayaks, snorkels, stand-up paddleboards and fishing equipment.
- Towels for swimming.
- Swimming platform (weather permitting).
- Fully stocked bar with professional bartender (charges apply).
- Use of kayaks and snorkelling equipment.
- Mini library.
- Board games.
- Central music.
- CD and DVD player.
- Audiovisual equipment in lounge.