It all started here, the birthplace of civilisation. From ancient Mesopotamia to the first greatest Kingdom of Egypt.
The Middle East is where the ancient trespasses into the present. There’s the iconic Pyramid of Giza, intruding into the landscape from 4000 years ago – and the Temple Mount of Jerusalem, the holy place to three great religions. The beauty of Petra, the Rose-Red City, still translates after two millennia – and Tunisia’s Roman pillars give the place its Mediterranean charm. But even in the current-day medinas of Morocco, or the souks of Iran, there’s the essence of tradition, floating with the spice-aromas through the age-old air.
Top 10 trips in the Middle East
8 Days From €1,515
15 Days From €1,385
13 Days From €3,475
9 Days From €1,875
22 Days From €6,975
14 Days From €4,105
14 Days From €4,615
27 Days From €5,890
14 Days From €2,895
7 Days From €1,648
Why we love the Middle East
- Israel’s complex story is best told with the help of a local leader. Journey through the culturally and religiously significant cities of Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Bethlehem, via the imposing Mount Carmel and shores of the Mediterranean Sea
- The United Arab Emirates is a land of vast oil reserves, huge sand dunes and gleaming feats of architectural engineering. Evolving at a pace that needs to be seen to be believed, the UAE’s blend of culture, tradition and modernity results in a real cosmopolitan feel
- The iconic sight of Al Khazneh in Petra is recognised all over the planet, but there’s a whole world beyond it just waiting to be discovered. Spend the night in a Bedouin desert camp in the Wadi Rum before a full day of exploring the old Roman road, amphitheatre and tombs of ‘The Treasury’
- Oman’s Wahiba Sands offers the ultimate in desert landscapes. Out past the palm-lined oasis of Wadi Bani Khalid, relish an evening of traditional Omani food and music around an open fire under the stars
- Away from the traffic of mainstream tourism, Iran retains a sense of mystery and splendour. The ancient palace of Persepolis is one of the most impressive UNESCO sites in the world
Destinations in The Middle East
What travellers are saying about the region
Nile Valley Highlights, July 2018
An all inclusive trip - very comfortable - plenty to see and experience
Review submitted 06 Aug 2018
Cairo Experience - Independent, July 2018
Our Cairo adventure was the best. Dalia our guide expertly showed us around the pyramids and made sure we didn’t miss anything. Also seeing the museum was so great as well. We were well looked after and felt we didn’t miss out on anything on our 2 day adventure.
Review submitted 30 Jul 2018
Nile Valley Highlights, July 2018
This is a fabulous way to see the highlights of Egypt, accompanied by like minded travellers, with a very professional and knowledgeable local guide. The trip is fairly fast paced, visiting sights every day and for those of you brave enough to travel in July as we did, if you can manage travelling in the the heat, we would recommend it, as there were no queues and significantly less people around the sights. This afforded a better look at everything, including the museums. The guide ensured we got out early each day to beat the heat and there was plenty of afternoon down time to cool off, particularly on the Nile cruise.
Review submitted 23 Jul 2018
Jordan Explorer, July 2018
My Jordan Explorer tour was perfect. Excellent guide and brilliantly organized.
Review submitted 18 Jul 2018
Jordan Explorer, May 2018
Peregrine and Intrepid trips are normally very good. Only once in all the trips we have done has there been a problem which to sort out was a little costly. It hasn't put us off though as what appears in a brochure is what usually happens.
Review submitted 11 Jul 2018
Ancient Persia in Depth, May 2018
the Iran tour was one of the great tours with peregrine we have done, and we would recommend it to anyone with a sense of adventure and a love of meeting people, great culture ,history, architecture and a warmth of people that we have not experienced anywhere
Review submitted 05 Jul 2018