It all started here, the birthplace of civilisation. From ancient Mesopotamia to the first greatest Kingdom of Egypt.
The Middle East is where the ancient trespasses into the present. There’s the iconic Pyramid of Giza, intruding into the landscape from 4000 years ago – and the Temple Mount of Jerusalem, the holy place to three great religions. The beauty of Petra, the Rose-Red City, still translates after two millennia – and Tunisia’s Roman pillars give the place its Mediterranean charm. But even in the current-day medinas of Morocco, or the souks of Iran, there’s the essence of tradition, floating with the spice-aromas through the age-old air.
New trips in the Middle East
4 Days From €790
19 Days From €4,985
9 Days From €6,485
Top 10 trips in the Middle East
14 Days From €2,140
8 Days From €985
9 Days From €1,440
8 Days From €1,282
7 Days From €2,155
14 Days From €3,750
16 Days From €3,625
14 Days From €4,320
22 Days From €6,560
13 Days From €1,505
Why we love the Middle East
- Israel’s complex story is best told with the help of a local leader. Journey through the culturally and religiously significant cities of Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Bethlehem, via the imposing Mount Carmel and shores of the Mediterranean Sea
- The United Arab Emirates is a land of vast oil reserves, huge sand dunes and gleaming feats of architectural engineering. Evolving at a pace that needs to be seen to be believed, the UAE’s blend of culture, tradition and modernity results in a real cosmopolitan feel
- The iconic sight of Al Khazneh in Petra is recognised all over the planet, but there’s a whole world beyond it just waiting to be discovered. Spend the night in a Bedouin desert camp in the Wadi Rum before a full day of exploring the old Roman road, amphitheatre and tombs of ‘The Treasury’
- Oman’s Wahiba Sands offers the ultimate in desert landscapes. Out past the palm-lined oasis of Wadi Bani Khalid, relish an evening of traditional Omani food and music around an open fire under the stars
- Away from the traffic of mainstream tourism, Iran retains a sense of mystery and splendour. The ancient palace of Persepolis is one of the most impressive UNESCO sites in the world
Destinations in The Middle East
What travellers are saying about the region
Journey Through Israel & the Palestinian Territories, September 2017
I have now been to Egypt, Jordan and Israel with Peregrine and it was an amazing experience. Overall service, tour guide efficiency and knowledge was good and I thoroughly recommend Peregrine and Intrepid particularly for their small group format.
Review submitted 25 Sep 2017
Nile Valley Highlights, September 2017
My wife and I have now travelled with Peregrine twice - to Antarctica and to Egypt. We have travelled a lot but both these trips will stay with us forever. While Antarctica was fantastic because of the destination and the fact it was a relatively small group on a Russian ship, Egypt could have been hit or miss. It was great, primarily because of our guide. He is a trained archeologist with a passion for Egypt, the sites and the culture. So our experiences extended beyond tourist sites and gave us a broad Egyptian experience.
Review submitted 24 Sep 2017