Come for the Adriatic coastline, stay for the Dalmatian lifestyle and world-class national parks.
Much like its Mediterranean neighbours, Croatia is almost synonymous with sun-soaked scenes of leisure. And with beaches as idyllic as those strewn along the Adriatic coast, it’s not hard to see why. Peel back the layers of this Adriatic jewel and you’ll find there’s even more in store. Lose yourself in national parks, such as the island-strewn Kornati, verdant Plitvice Lakes and the cascade-laden Krka; step back in time exploring the historic walled towns of Dubrovnik, Korcula and Zadar; and escape to backstreet taverns built into ancient Roman ruins, or Dalmatian villages for local food and wine experiences.
Land and sea cruises
One could spend a lifetime cruising the coastlines of Europe and Asia, but there’s plenty more to experience on terra firma. Peregrine’s new Land and Sea Cruises deliver the best of both worlds: small-ship coastal cruising and classic Peregrine adventures on land.
Highlights of Croatia
Excursions and experiences
Each of our tailored itineraries is sprinkled with what we call 'Peregrine Moments', those special experiences you'll only have while travelling in a small group with one of our local leaders. Here are just a few of the experiences you'll share in Croatia.
- Visit a beekeeper on a rustic farm in Hvar to sample some artisanal lavender honey, and top it off with a stroll through the lavender fields themselves.
- Split’s charms will take hold in an instant, but to really experience Croatia’s second largest city, the guidance of a local Splicani is key. Let a local guide show you around the atmospheric Old Town – the remains of the Diocletian’s 2,200-year-old palace.
- Swim in secluded pools and beautiful waterfalls in Krka National Park. Just one hour from the coast, this stretch of riverside wilderness exudes a feeling of sublime remoteness. It’s no wonder a monastery was built here in the 13th century.
- Sit down to a traditional Dalmatian repast in an agriturismo just outside Sibenik that’s known for its prsut (smoked ham), and stop in at Bibich Winery, one of the country’s best, for a tasting.
- Take a detour up the Neretva River for its abundant birdlife, old-fashioned Dalmatian hospitality and refreshing lack of tourists – all in a traditional wooden boat with rustic local eats included.
The Peregrine difference
The Peregrine Dalmatia, built in only 2012, was specifically designed for sailing the Dalmation Coast. The ship is equipped with well-appointed cabins and a spacious upper deck – the perfect spot to relax with a cool drink and enjoy the passing scenery. If you like the idea of indulging in a laidback atmosphere and fresh, locally sourced food, you’ll like life aboard the Peregrine Dalmatia.
- Use of kayaks, snorkels, stand-up paddleboards and fishing equipment.
- Fully stocked bar with professional bartender (charges apply).
- Full daily cabin service.
- Evening turn down service.
- Beach towels.
- Wine and fruit basket on embarkation day.
- Free Wi-Fi on board.
- Visit the stunning Kornati National Park, the biggest and most incredible collection of islands in the entire Adriatic Sea, once described by playwright George Bernard Shaw as God's special creation of 'tears, stars and breath'
- Experience the Sea Organ in Zadar, an incredible marriage of acoustical engineering and historical art – with a glass of sparkling wine at sunset, no less!
- A nice, easy guided walk in Plitivice Lakes National Park is the ideal way to experience this UNESCO listed World Heritage wonder
- History lovers rejoice – this trip visits coastal villages and towns that are brimming with buildings left by all conquerers of the Dalmatian region