Drop anchor in the harbours shared by Columbus and the great Spanish explorers.
With more coastline than inland borders, Spain is nothing if not a naval country. It was the launching place for some of the greatest explorers in history, and its coastlines evokes a history of romance and conquest like nowhere else. Cruise the same seas that Columbus did on his way to the New World, exploring the beach towns and coastal cities throughout the Andalusian south – the region that birthed tapas food and the power and grace of flamenco dance.
Land and Sea Cruises
One could spend a lifetime cruising the coastlines of Europe and Asia, but there’s plenty more to experience on terra firma. Peregrine’s new Land and Sea Cruises deliver the best of both worlds: small-ship coastal cruising and classic Peregrine adventures on land.
Browse our range of Land and Sea Cruises
Highlights of Spain
Grasp the old-world splendour of Granada
Set at the confluence of four rivers in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains is the city of Granada. The city is packed with trendy cafes and flamenco bars, but don’t leave without visiting the Alhambra Palace, an impressive Moorish fortress described by ancient poets as ‘a pearl set in emeralds’.
Wander the streets of Seville
The history contained within the walls of Seville is the city’s most alluring drawcard. Wander your way through gothic streets, stopping to admire the gardens at Real Alcazar, the palace at Plaza de Espana, Columbus’ tomb at Seville Cathedral and the labyrinth of lanes through Barrio Santa Cruz.
Take in unforgettable views from Nerja
Originally the site of a French gun battery used to protect the coast from pirate raids, the coastal town of Nerja is today known for its unmatched seaside views from the Balcon de Europa. Underneath are the Nerja Caves, home to the world’s largest stalagmites and a series of prehistoric paintings.
Excursions and experiences
Each of our tailored itineraries is sprinkled with what we call 'Peregrine Moments', those special experiences you'll only have while travelling in a small group with one of our local leaders. Here are just a few of the experiences you'll share in Spain.
- Take a walking tour of Seville to properly experience its medieval lanes. It’s a town that rewards exploration, but a bit of local guidance is priceless here.
- See the Wharf of the Caravels with its replicas of the boats Christopher Columbus sailed – the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria.
- Embark on a tour of spectacular Alhambra Palace with a knowledgeable local guide.
- Discover a love of sherry you never knew you had, with a tasting in the place where it all began – Jerez.
- Spend a day with a local in Granada for an insider’s guide to one of Spain’s most idiosyncratic cities.
The Peregrine difference
The Harmony V accommodates 49 guests in 29 cabins and a crew of up to 18. Enjoy the sea breeze while dining al fresco on the sundeck, or just grab a book and pull up a lounge to soak in the sun. The indoor dining room has panoramic windows, so you can appreciate the view of the water while sampling some of the local flavours. And the spacious lounge and American bar are the perfect places to grab a drink with your fellow passengers.
- Half Board meal plan (breakfast plus one other meal daily while on board)
- Service of one or two local tour leaders (depending on passenger number)
- Turn down service twice a day
- Fully equipped laundry service
- Towels for swimming
- Swimming platform (weather permitting)
- Wi-Fi is available for a small charge, though signal can be spotty at a time and sometimes unavailable in more remote locations
- Use of kayaks and snorkelling equipment
- Mini library
- Board games
- Central music
- CD and DVD player
- Audio-visual equipment in a lounge.
Read more about Spain
Nov 13, 2015
Trekking rookie? We’ve found the...
if you're a trekking rookie like me, it's good to know that going on a trek doesn...
Aug 07, 2018
The top 10 things to do in Seville
Think of Seville and oranges, flamenco and opera all spring to mind, but there’s a...
Jul 18, 2018
The maiden voyage: Stories from a...
Stepping onto the gangplank my stomach churns with a sense of excited anticipation...
Jul 09, 2018
10 things to eat, see and do in...
Set to the dramatic backdrop of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, Granada is a...
Jun 19, 2018
8 Andalusian dishes to make you fall...
Deep in the south of Spain and just a stone’s throw away from Morocco is Andalusia...
Jun 06, 2018
8 reasons to try small ship Adventure...
Small ship cruising might sound like a contradiction. After all, cruising...
Nov 06, 2017
The 8 healthiest countries in the world
Bloomberg recently released its Global Health Index for 2017 and the results...
Mar 22, 2017
Walking the Camino de Santiago on a...
Dream of walking the Camino de Santiago, but don't have time to organise the...
Dec 02, 2015
6 places to chase the sun in a...
Ice and sleet may soon fall on the Northern Hemisphere, but European summer...
Feb 05, 2013
Five of Europe’s best walking trails
A good walk will do you wonders. These are our favourite trails in Europe.