They say life begins at 40, so now’s the time to head to Antarctica – the ultimate bucket list destination.
To celebrate Peregrine’s 40th birthday, we are giving you and a friend the chance to WIN the voyage of a lifetime – an 11-day voyage to Antarctica – plus return economy flights to Argentina.
You can live life on the ice and set sail on our Antarctica Explorer (Sea Adventurer) tour. Scan the seas for seals, experience the polar plunge with an invigorating dip in icy waters, or whale watch from the White Continent.
This competition is now closed. Congratulations to Wilfried from QLD who will be heading to Antarctica in February!
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoters and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The promotion commences at 00:15am AEST on 01/08/2017 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEST on 15/09/2017 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, individuals must visit either http://www.peregrineadventures.com/antarctic-giveaway or http://placeswego.com/antarctica-competition/ , and answer the following question in 25 words or less: Please tell us the 3 things you would most like to do or see on your trip to Antarctica. Entrants must also input the requested details (including their full name and a valid email address), tick the checkbox to confirm that they are an Australian resident, select to subscribe to Peregrine Adventures and/or Places We Go (if they wish) and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period. For the sake of clarity, it is not a condition of entry that an entrant must subscribe to Peregrine Adventures or Places We Go.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- Your entry must not disparage the Promoter or the Sponsors or any other party affiliated with the promotion or administration of the Competition, nor infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, including without limitation, the use of third party copyright. Your entry shall not feature any other person’s intellectual property, reference to competitive products, or comprise of words which are obscene or vulgar, offensive, abusive, harmful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, sexually or racially or ethically or religiously insulting, harassing, profane or otherwise unlawful. Peregrine Adventures and Places We Go reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes is in breach of this clause.
- Peregrine Adventures and Places We Go does not accept any responsibility for any entries not being properly recorded or received. Peregrine Adventures and Places We Go does not accept any responsibility for any network congestion, technical failure or other problem which results in any entries not being properly recorded or received.
- No purchase of any kind is necessary to take part in this competition.
- The winner will be chosen based on the most creative and inventive answer to the 25 words or less question, as judged by Peregrine Adventures & Places We Go employees, at their absolute discretion. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. The winner will be chosen on 21 September 2017.
- The winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the selection and their name will be published online at http://www.peregrineadventures.com/antarctic-giveaway from 25/09/2017 for two weeks. The winner must acknowledge the email within five (5) business days or an alternative winner will be selected.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will win a trip for two (2) adults (aged 18 years or over) on an Antarctic adventure valued at up to AU$33,200 depending on point of departure with flights departing Australia on approximately 26/02/2018 to ensure they are available to depart from Ushuaia, Argentina on 28/02/2018 and returning from Ushuaia, Argentina on 10/03/2018. Prize includes:
- Two (2) x return economy airfares from winner's nearest capital city (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth) to Ushuaia, Argentina;
- One (1) nights twin share at a minimum 3* accommodation in Ushuaia, Argentina;
- A nine (9) night voyage on board the Sea Adventurer on the Antarctic Explorer tour (on an expedition cruise ship, Zodiac) for two (2) people which includes nine (9) nights accommodation in a Main Deck twin window cabin;
- Meals: all meals whilst aboard the ship
- Leadership throughout the voyage by an experienced Expedition Leader;
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising (according to the daily program);
- Formal and informal presentations by the Expedition Team and special guests (as scheduled);
- Downloadable photographic journal documenting the expedition;
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings;
- A waterproof expedition parka to keep (with exact size to be determined by the Promoter);
- Selected beverages such as coffee, tea and cocoa available throughout the trip (exact beverages to be determined by the Promoter);
- Comprehensive pre-departure information pack;
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the trip;
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$100,000 per person;
- Group transfers to and from ship on embarkation day;
- Group transfer from the ship to the airport on disembarkation day; and
- Group transfer from the airport to pre voyage hotel on ‘Day 1’ of the trip.
Spending money, additional meals, alcohol, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, optional adventure activities aboard the ship, transport to and from departure point (i.e. airport in Australia), additional transfers, items of a personal nature and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken on the 28 February 2018 departure and is subject to booking and flight availability. The winner and his/her companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take/redeem the prize (or an element of the prize) then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is up to $33,200.
- Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- If the prize is unclaimed, a second selection process for the prize will take place on 02/10/2017 under the same conditions as the original winner selection process. The winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw and must be acknowledged within five (5) business days of the email.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- The winner agrees to co-operate with the Promoter for publicity purposes and participate in blogs / video content and social media posts prior to, during and post the winning trip including supplying images of the experience where requested. All promotional materials in relation to the prize remain the property of the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if any of the informal presentations or any elements of the trip are delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) taking/redeeming or participating in any element of the prize.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Where this Competition is promoted on Facebook or Instagram, it is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Entrants are providing their information to Peregrine Adventures and/or Places We Go and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information provided will only be used for purposes as detailed in clause.
- By entering this Competition, Entrants expressly authorise the Promoter and the Sponsor, without further consideration, to transmit, reproduce, communicate and broadcast entries on their and other third party social media channels and websites for the purposes of presenting and promoting the Competition (“Marketing”).
- The winners agree they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organization.
- The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- The Promoters are Intrepid Travel Pty Ltd, trading as Peregrine Adventures (ABN 35 007 172 456) of Level 7, 567 Collins St, Melbourne, VIC 3004, telephone 1300 854 445 and Eve Media Pty Limited (ABN 18 110 798 126) trading as ‘Places We Go’ of PO Box 215 Sandringham VIC 3191.
Experience a typical day on one of our Antarctica voyages
One of my greatest adventures: Antarctica
Our friends at Places We Go featured one of our Antarctica Voyages on their show.
Kayaking with Whales in Antarctica - Places We Go
"One of our favourite experiences on our Antarctic voyage was sea kayaking - it wasn’t long before we were surrounded by minke and humpback whales in the icy waters - it was like another world!"