French Polynesia’s tropical islands and turquoise waters are what holiday dreams are made of.
From the towering silhouette of Bora Bora’s famous Mount Otemanu to the coral reefs of Tahiti, the islands and atolls of French Polynesia are the perfect place to soak up some sun and embrace the island life. But it isn’t all just relaxing under a coconut tree or snorkeling straight off the beach (although there is plenty of that to be had). French Polynesia has a rich culture of vibrant music, colourful clothing and traditional feasts and celebrations, similar in nature to a Hawaiian luau. Leave your worries behind and relax in this beautiful part of the South Pacific.
Highlights of French Polynesia
Optional excursions and experiences
Here are just a few of the experiences you'll have the option to share in French Polynesia.
- Enjoy a locally inspired picnic lunch at an ancient marae (temple) at Taputapuatea, a recent UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Admire breathtaking views of the magnificent turquoise waters of Ha'amene Bay, plus visit a pearl farm and a traditional vanilla plantation.
- Visit the small atoll of Tikehau, also called the Pink Sand Island, made up of tiny white and pink sand islets.
- Snorkel among the shallow sandbanks if Ahe, a favourite holiday destination of native Tahitians, before enjoying a beach BBQ in a secluded “motu”, or reef islet.
Meet the fleet
This state-of-the-art Motorsailer accommodates 49 guests in 25 cabins, each fitted with modern conveniences, including air conditioning, TV, mini-fridge, central music and safe box. With two restaurants on board, you can choose to dine indoors or al fresco. The swimming platform out back makes it easy to drop anchor and swim straight off the boat
- Use of kayaks, snorkels, stand-up paddleboards and fishing equipment.
- Turndown service twice a day.
- Fully equipped laundry service.
- Swimming platform (weather permitting).
- Towels for swimming.
- Fully stocked bar with professional bartender (charges apply).
- Use of kayaks and snorkelling equipment.
- Mini library.
- Board games.
- Central music.
- CD and DVD player.
- Audiovisual equipment in lounge