From dunes and desert islands to laughing yoga and water puppetry: cruising Vietnam unfolds like an adventure story book.
The limestone coasts of Vietnam offer voyagers endless beauty. In Ha Long Bay and Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, witness ancient emerald marvels more than 500 million years in the making. Drop anchor in Phan Tiet to discover radiant sand dunes and hidden springs, and drift around the islands of Nha Trang in a bamboo boat. But the true wonders of Vietnam are the people and cultures that give the region life. See the traditional pottery methods of Bau Truc, the age-old daily rituals that make Hanoi tick, the labyrinths of Vinh Moc, and the giant reclining Buddha of Tra Cu.
Land and Sea Cruises
One could spend a lifetime cruising the coastlines of Europe and Asia, but there’s plenty more to experience on terra firma. Peregrine’s new Land and Sea Cruises deliver the best of both worlds: small-ship coastal cruising and classic Peregrine adventures on land.
Highlights of Vietnam
Excursions and experiences
Each of our tailored itineraries is sprinkled with what we call 'Peregrine Moments', those special experiences you'll only have while travelling in a small group with one of our local leaders. Here are just a few of the experiences you'll share in Vietnam.
- Enjoy the sunset with a candlelit dinner on the deck of the boat in the World Heritage-listed beauty of Ha Long Bay.
- Ride in a traditional bamboo basket boat in Nha Trang Bay, and visit the gorgeous Hon Mieu Island for a little snorkelling and basking in clear blue waters.
- Tour the charming Hoi An in small groups, and take a cooking class where you'll learn the fine art of rolling spring rolls (no doubt sampling some in the process).
- Head underground on a tour of the ancient limestone karst formations in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, visiting the 31-kilometre Thien Duong cave aka Paradise Cave.
- Snorkelling, kayaking, fishing and stand-up paddleboarding are all available straight off the boat at destinations throughout the trip.
The Peregrine difference
This state-of-the-art Motorsailer accommodates 49 guests in 25 cabins, each fitted with modern conveniences, including air conditioning, TV, mini-fridge, central music and safe box. With two restaurants on board, you can choose to dine indoors or al fresco. The swimming platform out back makes it easy to drop anchor and swim straight off the boat.
- Use of kayaks, snorkels, stand-up paddleboards and fishing equipment.
- Turndown service twice a day.
- Fully equipped laundry service.
- Swimming platform (weather permitting).
- Towels for swimming.
- Fully stocked bar with professional bartender (charges apply).
- Use of kayaks and snorkelling equipment.
- Mini library.
- Board games.
- Central music.
- CD and DVD player.
- Audiovisual equipment in lounge.