Sail past the extraordinary landscapes and unique wildlife of the Galapagos’s central islands.
When it comes to encountering wildlife up close and personal, a voyage to the Galapagos Islands really is an experience like no other. Head underwater off Isla Santa Cruz, Bartolome or Isla Isabela and you'll be snorkelling with sea lions, white-tipped reef sharks, sea turtles and penguins. Look to the skies in North Seymour or Cerro Dragon and you'll spot frigatebirds, boobies, pelicans and more soaring above. Head out for a wander across the volcanic landscapes of Punta Espinosa and you'll see land iguanas and flightless cormorants. This 10-day sailing expedition through the central islands of the Galapagos is an adventure waiting to happen.
- Quito, Ecuador
- Quito, Ecuador
- Adventure Cruising
- Physical rating
- Min 15
- Group size
- Min 1, Max 16
Peregrine trips are now operated by Intrepid Travel
Why you'll love this trip
Experience the benefits of small group travel aboard your vessel, M/Y Grand Daphne, sailing through the natural beauty of the Galapagos, day and night.
Explore the remote west coast of Isabela on a small panga boat, and venture to the far-west Fernandina, home of the highest density of marine iguanas.
The old pirate haunt of Buccaneer Cove has something for everyone – soaring birds overhead, striking cliff faces framing the bay, and the tales of Darwin remaining to this day.
Encounter the unique Galapagos wildlife in their natural habitat, from giant blue-footed and masked boobies, pelicans and frigate birds to iguanas, sea lions and turtles.
Las Tintoreras is like one big wildlife party. Snorkel among the iguanas and turtles and spot sea lions, penguins and frigate birds at every turn.
Is this trip right for you?
Grand Daphne is a brand new ship that will hit the water mid-2020, making it one of the newest boats on the market.
Meals9 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
TransportBoat, Plane, Bus, Zodiac (Panga)
AccommodationHotel (2 nights), Overnight boat (7 nights)
- Isla Santa Cruz - Bachas Beach Walk (1 hour) - Wet Landing
- Isla Santa Cruz - Bachas Beach Snorkel (45 mins) - Wet Landing
- Isla North Seymour - Walk (2 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Bartolome - Snorkelling (1.5 hours)
- Isla Bartolome - Walk (1.5 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla North Seymour - Snorkelling (1 hours)
- Isla Santiago - Puerto Egas - Walk (1.45 hours) - Wet Landing
- Isla Santiago - Puerto Egas - Snorkelling (1 hour)
- Isla Sanitago - Espumilla Beach - Walk (1.5 hours) - Wet Landing
- Isla Sanitago - Espumilla Beach - Snorkelling (45 mins)
- Isla Sanitago - Buccaneer's Cove - Sail (15 mins)
- Isla Isabela - Tagus Cove - Walk (1.45 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Isabela - Tagus Cove - Snorkel (1 hour)
- Isla Fernandina - Punta Espinosa - Walk (2 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Fernandina - Punta Espinosa - Snorkel (1 hour)
- Isla Isabela - Elizabeth Bay - Panga Ride (2 hours)
- Isla Isabela - Punta Moreno - Walk and Panga ride (2 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Isabela - Punta Moreno - Snorkel (45min)
- Isla Isabela - Las Tintoreras visit (1.5 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Isabela - Sierra Negra Volcano Crater Walk (3.5 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Isabela - Interpretation Center Visit
- Isla Isabela - Los Humedales (Wetlands) - Dry Landing
- Isla Santa Cruz - Cerro Dragon - Walk (1.5 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Santa Cruz - Punta Carrion - Snorkelling (1 hour)
- Isla Santa Cruz - Highlands Visit (1 hour) - Dry Landing
Essential trip information
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information