There’s no denying it, Europe is one of those travel destinations that truly has it all.
From the impressive imperial palaces of Russia to the otherworldly scenery of the sun-drenched Croatian coastlines, the magnificent icy glaciers in Iceland to the tasty tapas and wine in Spain.
Whether you’d rather browse history and art museums in Krakow, stretch your legs and explore the Tatra Mountains on foot, take a guided food tour in Porto or sun yourself in the Cyclades, a European holiday is an experience that needs to be ticked off everyone’s bucket list.
1. Save 15% on Peregrine small group adventures trips in Europe booked between 07 May 2019 and 27 May 2019, not combinable with any other offer including loyalty.
2. Discount applies to any Peregrine small group adventure departing between 07 May 2019 and 31 October 2019 in Europe (excl. Turkey and Russia).
3. The offer excludes Expeditions, Short Break Adventures, Bite-Size Breaks, Urban Adventures, selected Private Groups and third-party supplier trips.
4. Discount only applies to the land portion of the trip and cannot be applied to flights, insurance, or any additional services.
5. The offer can only be applied to new bookings. Under no circumstances will the offer be applied to existing bookings or used in conjunction with another offer or discount.
6. Standard deposit is required at the time of booking.
7. Balance is payable within 56 days of departure except for Intrepid Adventure Cruising departures which are payable within 90 days of departure.
8. There will be no extensions to the travel, booking or payment periods listed above.
9. Prices, itineraries and inclusions are subject to change without notice. Standard booking conditions apply as per Intrepid website, www.intrepidtravel.com.
10. The trip is subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid Travel at time of booking.
11. This sale is valid for residents of UK, Europe and Africa.
A walking tour means you get to really immerse yourself in a destination – at your own pace. When you feel like you want to spend some time exploring a little village and chat to the local barista, you don’t have to worry about finding your way back to a coach, you can just keep on moving.
Take a coastal Adventure Cruise
On a small ship Adventure Cruise, you’ll discover the hidden coastlines of Europe with a maximum of 50 travellers. Maybe you’d like to cruise around the Greek Islands with a stop in Paros to explore the Byzantine church complex, or perhaps a cruise around the rugged coastline of Iceland’s Westfjords to spot incredible wildlife, including whales and puffins?
Indulge in local cuisines
Everywhere you turn in Europe you will be faced with tough food decisions. In Italy, it might look something like choosing between another spoonful of rich truffled pasta or leaving room for a scoop of fresh gelato. In Portugal, it might be the choice between a fresh seafood platter or another round of Portuguese tarts. Life’s tough…
Discover fascinating history
Europe is simply dripping with history. From the ancient Greco-Roman ruins of lost empires to quaint historical villages dotted with churches, there is so much to see and learn. Discover World War and Cold War history with tours through Eastern Europe or perhaps marvel at some of the continent’s most beautiful cathedrals in Spain.
What travellers are saying about Europe tours
What to see in 7-10 days in Europe
A short holiday in Europe means you might like to choose one or two places to explore in more depth, rather than trying to see the entire continent. If some sun and relaxation is what you’re after, you could try an Adventure Cruise along Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast, with plenty of chances to hop off the boat and explore the small ports along the way. If history and culture are more your style, a highlight-filled tour of Russia could be the way to go, where you’ll see palaces, squares and museums galore. For the foodies out there, it’s hard to pass up an exploration of Italy’s best food destinations, including Bologna and colourful Cinque Terre. No matter where you choose to visit, you’re sure to have a week to remember.
What to see in 3 weeks in Europe
Three weeks in Europe means you’ll have a chance to explore a few of the destinations you’ve always dreamed of visiting or really take your time exploring one or two places in depth. You might want to take in some fascinating 20th century history in Central Europe, including visits to Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia and Poland. If you’d rather fewer travel days, an in-depth tour through Greece might be more your style – you’ll get to experience the sandy, white beaches and sun of Crete and Santorini, the bustle of Athens and the historic sites of Olympia, Delos and Delphi. And let’s not forget the stunning scenery and fresh Greek seafood and souvlakis.