For all its Euro influence, Central America is no Western world. With Mayan ruins, Afro beats, and thriving indigenous cultures, this place is as foreign as can be.
The grand cathedrals were built by conquistadors, and the now the locals speak nothing but Spanish – but there’s something far-from-Europe about this place. It may be the tropical air or Caribbean sun that makes this place so different from the old world – like the smooth sand and stunning reefs of Belize. Or it may be the natural purity of the forest, in places like Costa Rica and Panama, where the people are happier than most places on earth. Or could it be the African beats of Cuba or the indigenous markets of Guatemala, forever weaving the exotic through this land.
New trips in Central America
43 Days From €12,995
29 Days From €9,195
29 Days From €8,625
Top 10 trips in Central America
15 Days From €3,324
9 Days From €1,996
13 Days From €3,268
15 Days From €3,999
15 Days From €4,115
29 Days From €8,460
15 Days From €4,640
8 Days From €2,640
Why we love Central America
- From the cloud forests of Costa Rica to Nicaragua’s giant volcanoes, Latin America does nature on a truly grand scale
- When it comes to vibrant colour, energy and food, nowhere delivers quite like Mexico. Bargain with descendants of the Zapotec and Mixtec peoples over hand-woven blankets in Oaxaca’s buzzy markets. You may even feel brave enough to try a crunchy chili and lime grasshopper!
- The Mayans were known for their advanced systems in architecture, mathematics, astronomy and hieroglyphics. From the temple ruins of Chichen Itza to the once-mighty capital of Tikal, our experts will lead you on a guided journey through Central America’s ancient history
- Let the dreamy Caribbean carry you away in the island archipelago of the Belize Cayes. With sleepy towns, sun-drenched beaches and some of the region’s best diving and snorkelling, what’s not to love?
- While Cuba may be a time warp of 1950s American cars and fading colonial splendour, the locals dance to the beat of the moment (and the rhythm of a rumba). From Havana and Trinidad to Vinales in the heart of Cuba’s tobacco-growing region, discover the landscapes and history of an island nation that defies categorisation
Destinations in Central America
What our travellers are saying about the region
Essential Cuba , September 2017
If you are looking for a boutique travel experience, experiencing other cultures while traveling in comfort (accommodation/ meals) then this is for you! Yes while you maybe part of a small group the tour and leaders consider you individual interests and have optional extras to accommodate your own needs.
Review submitted 11 Dec 2017
Essential Cuba , December 2017
Cuba is a must see destination and if you intend going I thoroughly recommend Peregrine. The itinerary,organisation and the staff were exceptional
Review submitted 10 Dec 2017
Essential Cuba , October 2017
This trip gives the traveller a glimpse of Cuba into it's history and culture. Traveller to Cuba should go with an open mind and take the country for was it is, which seem to be fairly happy with what they have. The introduction of the internet will change the country in the coming years.
Review submitted 07 Dec 2017
Essential Cuba , October 2017
Cuba is awesome, the diversity in scenery and architecture, our guide Mikel had great local knowledge and went out of his way to make this trip one to remember
Review submitted 06 Dec 2017
Central America stories