Contrast the unique landscapes of Namibia with the stunning southern coast of South Africa
East Africa has the premier wildlife parks, and West Africa the infectious rhythms, but many travellers now look south, to Namibia, for an Africa experience with a difference. Join Peregrine on this essential combination trip contrasting the best of Namibia’s unique sand dune scenery with the pristine natural beauty of South Africa’s famous Garden Route. From Windhoek down to Port Elizabeth, this adventure covers everything from Etosha National Park, Sossusvlei and Fish River Canyon to the Cape Winelands and stunning parks and coast of southern South Africa. Stroll through petrified forest, see penguins and meerkats at close range, discover the ancient culture of the Damara, take safaris in search of elephants and big game, and taste fresh oysters, local wine and cheese along the way. Unique, adventurous, yet comfortable and well-paced, this Peregrine adventure through Namibia and South Africa is the perfect way to experience a different side of the world’s oldest inhabited continent.
- Physical rating
- Min 15
- Group size
- Min 1, Max 12
Why you'll love this trip
The unique landscape of Etosha National Park makes it one of the best animal-viewing destinations in the world, and you'll enjoy a full day of game drives here.
As eerie as they are fascinating, the sand dunes of the Sossusvlei can be seen in all their blazing beauty from the top of Dune 45.
Rise early and witness the colourful sunrise and a picnic breakfast from the edge of Fish River Canyon, the second largest chasm of its type in the world, before returning to Canyon Lodge, our feature stay on this trip.
Enjoy an adventurous yet relaxing canoe trip down the picturesque Orange River as the day melts into sunset.
Step inside Faldela's Purple House in the Bo-Kaap region of Cape Town for an authentic home-cooked dinner. Taste some of the traditional dishes such as 'Bredie', 'Chilli Bites' and 'Koesisters'.
Taste South Africa’s acclaimed wine heritage with a special Wine tasting in the Cape Winelands, where ducks form part of the workforce and hand-crafted wines are waiting to be sampled.
Experience some of the world’s best whale watching without leaving dry land. Hermanus’ coastal walkways have the perfect spots to sit and watch the whales as they frolic in in the bay.
Cruise out on to the emerald waters of the Knysna Lagoon and taste some of the freshest, most delicious local produce on an Oyster Tour
Is this trip right for you?
Meals24 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 16 dinners
TransportCustom-built overland vehicle, Minivan, 4WD vehicle, Private vehicle
AccommodationCabin (1 night), Farmstay (1 night), Hotel (7 nights), Lodge (9 nights), Feature Stay Lodge (2 nights), Village Inn (2 nights), Feature Stay Hotel (2 nights)
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Etosha National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drives
- Damaraland - Twyfelfontein Bushman Paintings
- Damaraland - Twyfelfontein Heritage Site
- Damaraland - Petrified Forest
- Damaraland - Living Museum of the Damara
- Sesriem - Sesriem Canyon
- Sesriem - Dune 45
- Sesriem - Sossusvlei Salt Pan
- Fish River Canyon - Sunrise and Picnic Breakfast
- Orange River - Canoe trip
- Trawal - Olifants Wine & Cheese Tasting
- Cape Town - Cape Malay Cooking Class
- Complimentary airport arrival transfer
- Stellenbosch - Vergenoegd Duck Parade & Wine Tasting
- Stellenbosch - Lanzerac Wine and Chocolate Tasting
- Betty's Bay - Harold Porter Botanical Gardens
- Betty's Bay - Penguin Colony
- Calitzdorp - Boplaas Port and Wine Tasting
- Oudtshoorn - Meerkat Experience
- Oudtshoorn - Cango Caves Guided Tour
- Knysna Lagoon - Oyster Tasting Boat Cruise
- Tsitsikamma National Park - Half Day Hike
- Kariega Game Reserve - Afternoon 4x4 Game Drive
- Kariega Game Reserve - Morning 4x4 Game Drive
1. An optional single supplement is available on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. This is a combination trip made up of 2 shorter trips. This means the composition of your group will change in Cape Town as some group members leave and new ones join you.
3. Days 15 and 16 in Cape Town will be unaccompanied.
4. This trip finishes on arrival in Port Elizabeth. Please do not book any flights prior to 5pm.
Unfortunately the Table Mountain cable car, facilities and shops will be closed due to maintenance from 8th July 8 to 18th August 2019. Access to the top of Table Mountain will still be available by the steep hiking trail. If you wish to hike to the top of the mountain we recommend using a local guide. Your Leader or hotel reception will be able to assist with arrangements.
Essential trip information
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information