For salsa and rhumba, rum and cigars, colonial buildings and American cars, Cuba’s the place to find your rhythm.
Cuba is a lot of things at once. For most, it starts with the eclectic sights and sounds of Havana – the pastel paint peeling from 16th century buildings, or the gentle rev of a Cadillac with salsa playing out the windows. Then it’s the hand-rolled cigars and mountain scenery of Vinales, or the brightly coloured outdoor museum city of Trinidad. In between, it’s all about the off-track experiences, the easy Cuban tempos and French design of Cienfuegos, the laidback vibes and diving spots of Maria La Gorda. And travelling by small cruise ship means an island paradise in the Canarreos Archipelago is never far away.
Highlights of Cuba
Excursions and experiences
Each of our tailored itineraries is sprinkled with what we call 'Peregrine Moments', those special experiences you'll only have while travelling in a small group with one of our local leaders. Here are just a few of the experiences you'll share in Cuba.
- Take a scenic drive through Havana in the back of a vintage American car, and go on a walking tour of Habana Vieja to appreciate all 500 years of the city’s history.
- Visit a tobacco farm in the beautiful Vinales Valley to learn from tobacco farmers how they make those legendary Cuban cigars.
- Tour Presidio Modelo, an abandoned panopticon prison on Isla de la Juventud, where both Fidel and Raul Castro were imprisoned in the 1950s.
- Enjoy a night walking tour of historic Trinidad, the ‘Museum City of Cuba’. Visit the Romantic Museum in the old palace of Count Brunet and the studio of woodcarver Lazaro Nibela.
- Visit the Benny More School of Art and graphic arts workshop, inspired by the Cuban ‘Master of Rhythm’ himself who called Cienfuegos home.
A world of travel in your hands
Cruising along the famous coastlines and waterways is one of life's real treasures, the kind you circle in the calendar and greedily count down the days towards. You've saved for this, earned this, and we want to help you enjoy every moment right down to the final drop of wine at sunset.
The Peregrine difference
Fully renovated in 2015, this state-of-the-art Motor Sailer is a way to cruise Greece in real style. Twenty-five cabins are equipped with everything you need for a comfortable journey, including air conditioning, ensuite bathrooms, mini-fridges and safe boxes. With two dining areas, guests can enjoy meals indoors or al fresco. A swimming platform conveniently allows swimming right off the boat.
- Turndown service twice a day.
- Fully equipped laundry service.
- Towels for swimming.
- Swimming platform (weather permitting).
- Fully stocked bar with professional bartender (charges apply).
- Use of kayaks and snorkelling equipment.
- Mini library.
- Board games.
- Central music.
- CD and DVD player.
- Audiovisual equipment in lounge.
The Callisto is an elegant boutique cruiser, able to sleep 34 guests in comfort and style. With a sundeck and library up top you won’t have a hard time catching some sun, and the platform off the back makes swimming in Pacific waters as easy as stepping off the boat.
- Half board meal plan (breakfast plus one other meal daily while on board)
- Service of one or two local tour leaders (depending on passenger numbers)
- Turndown service twice a day
- Fully equipped laundry service
- Towels for swimming
- Swimming platform (weather permitting)
- Wi-Fi is available for a small charge, though signal can be spotty at time and sometimes unavailable in more remote locations
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Library room
- Board games
- Central music
- CD and DVD player
- Audiovisual equipment in lounge