Cookies & Website Usage
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are unique to the web browser or device you're using - so if you're using a desktop computer as well as a mobile, different data will be collected for each device. You can find more information on the About Cookies website.
There are different types of cookies. Whether a cookie is 'first' or 'third' party refers to the domain placing the cookie. Cookies set by the owner of the website you're visiting at the time (e.g., cookies placed by our Intrepid Group website domain) are known as first party Cookies. There are also third party Cookies that can be set by a third party domain other than that of the website you are on e.g. if our partner or other entity sets a cookie. Only the domain owner (or owner of the cookie) can see the information it collects.
Certain (first party and/or third party) cookies remain on your device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that you visit the website that created that particular cookie. These are called persistent cookies.
There are also other cookies which allow website operators to link your actions during a browser session. A browser session starts when you open the browser window and finishes when you close the browser window. These are known as session cookies. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
This website uses both persistent and session cookies.
Cookies used on our Intrepid Group websites:
Cookies are used on our websites primarily to improve your online experience. Our websites generally use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our websites work.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies are used to provide our travel products and services to you or to allow the relevant website to remember choices you make (such as, the language or the region you are in, settings you have applied such as layout, text size and preferences) and also to remember if you have engaged with a particular component or list on the relevant website so that it won't repeat and show when you are logged into the website).
Third party cookies
You may choose to opt-out of Google Analytics using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on which you may access at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
How to Manage, Delete and Block our Cookies
You can manage or amend your cookie consent choices as set out here.
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don't want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how.
You can choose to accept all cookies, reject third party cookies or reject all and remove existing cookies from your device, either by changing your internet browser settings, which are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser, or when provided with the option to do so by us. If you change your mind after you've accepted our cookies, you'll find an option within your internet browser to clear cookies that have already been set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how.
If you want to block future cookies from being placed on your device you can also change your browser settings to do this. However, if you block all cookies, some features and functionality of our website won't work and we may not be able to provide all of our services to you, or in the way in which you would like us to do so.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect information about your visits to, browsing of, and use of our website, unless your web browser settings block this. The range of data we collect will depend on how you interact with our website.
This information may include:
- Your IP address (a unique identifier allocated to your computer for your connection to the internet)
- Your computer device details (PC, tablet, smartphone, watch, make and model, etc.)
- The make and version of web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome) you are using
- Your operating system (e.g. Windows, Windows Phone, OSX, iOS, Android, Linux etc.)
- Your time-zone
- Your browser plug-ins
- Any webpage you came from, identified as the referrer web page address by your web browser
- Page response times
- Download error
- Pages and parts of pages you visit
- The usage you make of our website, including enquiries and searches undertaken, and registrations for accounts, forums etc.
- Services and products you viewed
- Length of visit to website and pages
- Page interaction information (such as scrolling, keys pressed, mouse clicks, touches, and mouse-overs)
The only time your information will be identifiable will be if you experience an error and we contact you to resolve the issue.
This information may also include:
- Data inputted into forms and fields
- Registrations for any accounts
- Feedback mechanism
- Social functionality
- Newsletters or other features of our site
- Usernames and passwords
- Log-in / out history, and settings
- Actions are taken within any account or other registration, including view, update and changes to settings
- Posts to any forum, feedback, review or other social functionality on our website.
Buying our products online
Your recent searches and shortlisted holidays may be recorded using cookies. For example, if you've made a shortlist but you haven't saved it by entering your email address, we'll store your shortlisted holidays using a functionality, so you'll be able to see it when you visit us again using the same computer or device.
Improving your experience
We use performance cookies and software programs to record, measure and analyse how our customers use our website. We use this information to understand what you want from our website, which helps us when we're considering future products like flight routes and holidays.
We can find out how you move around our website, so we can investigate any errors stopping you from being able to do what you want. The data we collect from cookies is important for us to improve your experience.
Tailoring and making our marketing relevant
Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products and services that we think you'll find interesting. We can personalize and show you relevant offers and promotions on our own websites and through our advertising networks by matching you with any existing profiles.
Advertisements on other websites
If you visit one of our partner sites, you might see an advertisement that's relevant to what you searched for when you last visited our own site. We work with advertising networks who use third party cookies to collect information on your preferences, meaning we can show advertisements tailored to you.