West of Malaysia in the Andaman Sea lies pure island paradise.
Touch down in Penang and discover the rich cultural history of the Malay, the roots of which meld with China, Europe and India. One can taste it in the nasi kandar from the markets, hear it in the music of the temples and mosques, and see it in the architecturally diverse townscape of George Town. Explore further out from the city to find stunning rainforests teeming with native plants and animals, and beautiful beaches that seem naturally intended for leisure and relaxation. There’s no better way to experience Malaysia than to sail through the waters of the Andaman Sea from one island paradise to the next.
Worldwide Earlybird Sale
Get up to 10% off* a range of tours worldwide to make 2020 your best year yet. Hurry, offer ends 30 September. Book nowTerms & Conditions
Land and Sea Cruises
One could spend a lifetime cruising the coastlines of Europe and Asia, but there’s plenty more to experience on terra firma. Peregrine’s new Land and Sea Cruises deliver the best of both worlds: small-ship coastal cruising and classic Peregrine adventures on land.
Highlights of Malaysia
Excursions and experiences
Each of our tailored itineraries is sprinkled with what we call 'Peregrine Moments', those special experiences you'll only have while travelling in a small group with one of our local leaders. Here are just a few of the experiences you'll share in Malaysia.
- Enjoy a fresh Malaysian lunch at the local markets of Penang. Anything from popiah spring rolls to asam laksa could be on the menu; your leader knows where to find the best bites.
- Embark on a walking tour around Penang's old town to appreciate the historic shophouses, narrow streets and unique atmosphere of the island, then jump in a rickshaw for a ride back to the boat.
- Join a local guide for a tour of Langkawi’s main island, including a visit to the picturesque Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls – an ideal spot to take in the relaxed vibes of this island jungle.
- Ride the cable car to Langkawi’s highest point for an incredible view of the entire archipelago.
- Use the Andaman Sea as your own swimming pool, with snorkelling, kayaking, fishing and stand-up paddleboarding available for use straight off the boat.
The Peregrine difference
This state-of-the-art Motor Sailer accommodates 49 guests in 25 cabins, each fitted with modern conveniences, including air conditioning, TV, mini-fridge, central music and a safe box. With two restaurants on board, you can choose to dine indoors or al fresco. The swimming platform at the rear back makes it easy to drop anchor and swim straight off the boat.
- Use of kayaks, snorkels, stand-up paddleboards and fishing equipment.
- Turndown service twice a day.
- Fully equipped laundry service.
- Swimming platform (weather permitting).
- Towels for swimming.
- Fully stocked bar with professional bartender (charges apply).
- Use of kayaks and snorkelling equipment.
- Mini library.
- Board games.
- Central music.
- CD and DVD player.
- Audiovisual equipment in lounge.