Panama’s Pacific coast is urban metropolis, indigenous village and island escape all in one.
Begin your Panama journey walking the streets of Panama City’s old town, then travel inland to Gatun Lake to see the daily activity at the locks of the canal. Explore the abandoned ruins at Fort San Lorenzo, then follow the lure of the Pearl Islands, drifting from one sublime beach to the next and lounging, swimming and snorkelling along the way. Darien National Park vaunts not only an incredible array of wildlife, but also the indigenous Embera people who are eager to meet visitors to Mogue village. Cruising through Pacific waters gives voyagers access to everything across Panama’s southern coastline, ensuring an unforgettable experience.
Worldwide Earlybird Sale
Save up to 10%* on a huge range of tours worldwide. Make 2020 your best year yet. Offer ends 30 September. Book nowTerms & Conditions
Highlights of Panama
Excursions and experiences
Each of our tailored itineraries is sprinkled with what we call 'Peregrine Moments', those special experiences you'll only have while travelling in a small group with one of our local leaders. Here are just a few of the experiences you'll share in Panama.
- Travel to the Darien National Park and the Mogue Embera Reserve. Paddle upstream in dugout canoes to reach the village of Mogue and meet the indigenous Embera Indians.
- Drop anchor in stunning locations like Restingue Island, Cebaco Island, Punta Patino and the beautiful Pearl Islands for some incredible swimming and snorkelling experiences and island beach barbeques.
- Visit the Panama Canal Expansion Centre at Gatun Lake and the Canal Museum to learn more about the history of the famous waterway and watch the enormous ships move through the locks.
- See the abandoned ruins at Fort San Lorenzo, originally built to protect the Panama coast from pirates in the 16th century.
A world of travel in your hands
Cruising along the famous coastlines and waterways is one of life's real treasures, the kind you circle in the calendar and greedily count down the days towards. You've saved for this, earned this, and we want to help you enjoy every moment right down to the final drop of wine at sunset.
The Peregrine difference
Fully renovated in 2015, this state-of-the-art Motor Sailer is a way to cruise Greece in real style. Twenty-five cabins are equipped with everything you need for a comfortable journey, including air conditioning, ensuite bathrooms, mini-fridges and safe boxes. With two dining areas, guests can enjoy meals indoors or al fresco. A swimming platform conveniently allows swimming right off the boat.
- Turndown service twice a day.
- Fully equipped laundry service.
- Towels for swimming.
- Swimming platform (weather permitting).
- Fully stocked bar with professional bartender (charges apply).
- Use of kayaks and snorkelling equipment.
- Mini library.
- Board games.
- Central music.
- CD and DVD player.
- Audiovisual equipment in lounge.
The Callisto is an elegant boutique cruiser, able to sleep 34 guests in comfort and style. With a sundeck and library up top you won’t have a hard time catching some sun, and the platform off the back makes swimming in Pacific waters as easy as stepping off the boat.
- Half board meal plan (breakfast plus one other meal daily while on board)
- Service of one or two local tour leaders (depending on passenger numbers)
- Turndown service twice a day
- Fully equipped laundry service
- Towels for swimming
- Swimming platform (weather permitting)
- Wi-Fi is available for a small charge, though signal can be spotty at time and sometimes unavailable in more remote locations
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Library room
- Board games
- Central music
- CD and DVD player
- Audiovisual equipment in lounge