For all its Euro influence, Central America is no Western world. With Mayan ruins, Afro beats, and thriving indigenous cultures, this place is as foreign as can be.
The grand cathedrals were built by conquistadors, and the now the locals speak nothing but Spanish – but there’s something far-from-Europe about this place. It may be the tropical air or Caribbean sun that makes this place so different from the old world – like the smooth sand and stunning reefs of Belize. Or it may be the natural purity of the forest, in places like Costa Rica and Panama, where the people are happier than most places on earth. Or could it be the African beats of Cuba or the indigenous markets of Guatemala, forever weaving the exotic through this land.
Save up to $500 off flights
Receive $250 off on economy or premium economy flights or $500 off business class flights Hurry! Offer ends 30 November 2017 for departures prior to 31 August 2018.Terms & Conditions
New trips in Central America
43 Days From $20,415
29 Days From $14,430
29 Days From $13,535
Top 10 trips in Central America
13 Days From $5,256
8 Days From $2,952
15 Days From $5,516
15 Days From $7,280
15 Days From $6,575
29 Days From $13,745
8 Days From $4,040
Why we love Central America
- From the cloud forests of Costa Rica to Nicaragua’s giant volcanoes, Latin America does nature on a truly grand scale
- When it comes to vibrant colour, energy and food, nowhere delivers quite like Mexico. Bargain with descendants of the Zapotec and Mixtec peoples over hand-woven blankets in Oaxaca’s buzzy markets. You may even feel brave enough to try a crunchy chili and lime grasshopper!
- The Mayans were known for their advanced systems in architecture, mathematics, astronomy and hieroglyphics. From the temple ruins of Chichen Itza to the once-mighty capital of Tikal, our experts will lead you on a guided journey through Central America’s ancient history
- Let the dreamy Caribbean carry you away in the island archipelago of the Belize Cayes. With sleepy towns, sun-drenched beaches and some of the region’s best diving and snorkelling, what’s not to love?
- While Cuba may be a time warp of 1950s American cars and fading colonial splendour, the locals dance to the beat of the moment (and the rhythm of a rumba). From Havana and Trinidad to Vinales in the heart of Cuba’s tobacco-growing region, discover the landscapes and history of an island nation that defies categorisation
Destinations in Central America
What our travellers are saying about the region
Mexico In Depth, October 2017
This trip includes a great experience of the archeological sites, the people and culture and the natural beauty of Mexico. Each new day and each new village provides something different, rewarding and exhilirating.
Review submitted 15 Nov 2017
Essential Cuba , November 2017
Cuba is a fascinating destination, with the help of our guide we got another perspective of its history and its charm. If you go with an open mind and no expectations you will come away with a new appreciation of the Cubans, their culture and history.
Review submitted 14 Nov 2017
Mexico In Depth, September 2017
I personally would recommend Mexico In Depth tour to everybody. I was absolutely blown away with this tour, I honestly didn't realise how teat Mexico was, or how amazing its history is.... Gabriela was our tour leader, I honestly believe she is the best tour leader this world has to offer, very informative, show great diligence with her duties as a leader, and communicates well with everybody.
Review submitted 24 Oct 2017
Central America stories