From Baku to Yerevan, step off the tourist trail in the Caucasus Mountains.
Watch arid landscapes give way to verdant hillsides and majestic snow-capped mountains on this eye opening adventure through Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia. Explore a land where the walls speak of centuries of rich history, where ancient traditions intersect with a modern way of life. Journey through forests and past tall mountain peaks to find medieval mosques and villages. Wander through cosmopolitan Baku and Tbilisi, and make friends with the friendly Georgian locals over a glass of Qvevri wine.
- Physical rating
- Trip rating
- 27 reviews
- Min 15
- Group size
- Min 1, Max 12
Why you'll love this trip
Be serenaded by traditional singers while sampling regional food and wine prepared by our Georgian friends
Azerbaijan's cosmopolitan capital of Baku is often referred to as the 'new Dubai'. Enjoy a guided walking tour around the city's World Heritage-listed Old Town
Mud volcanoes, ancient mosques, lush forests and tall peaks – the Caucasus Mountains will take your breath away
See the historical sights of Mtskheta, Georgia's 3,000-year old ancient capital and religious centre
Explore the city of Yerevan in Armenia and gaze at the majestic Mt Ararat
Is this trip right for you?
Meals14 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 6 dinners
TransportPrivate Bus, Metro
AccommodationHotel (14 nights)
- Baku - Maiden's Tower
- Baku - Shirvan Shah Palace
- Baku - Carpet Museum
- Baku - Caravanserai
- Baku - Absheron Peninsula Tour
- Qobustan - Petroglyphs
- Sheki - Mud volcano
- Sheki - Khan's Palace
- Sheki - Craft Workshop Visit
- Sheki - Bazaar
- Gremi - Architectural Complex (Closed Mondays)
- Kvareli - Lunch with a Local Family
- Kvareli - Winery Visit
- Tbilisi - Old Town Walking Tour
- Sighnaghi - Town Stopover
- Tbilisi - National History Museum
- Tbilisi - Narikala Fortress
- Tbilisi - Enamel Workshop
- Sighnaghi - Georgian Wine Tasting & Home Cooked Lunch
- Mtskheta - Svetitskhoveli Cathedral
- Akhaltsikhe - Rabat Fortress
- Meskheti - Khertvisi Fortress
- Vardzia - Cave Town
- Gori - Stalin Museum
- Uplistsikhe - Cave Complex
- Ananuri - Architectural Complex
- Stepantsminda - Gergeti Trinity Church Hike
- Juta Village - Visit Local Family
- Gosh - Goshavank Monastery
- Haghpat - Haghpat Monastery
- Geghard Monastery - UNESCO World Heritage site
- Lake Sevan - Sevanavank Monastery
- Lake Sevan - Sightseeing Trip
- Yerevan - City Tour
- Vagarshapat - Echmiadzin Cathedral
- Armavir - Zvartnots Temple
A Single Supplement is available on this trip.
An arrival transfer is included. Please provide your flight details to your booking agent no later than 14 days prior to travel. If booking a departure transfer, please be ready three hours prior to flight departure time in Yerevan, or confirm this time with your Leader in Armenia.
Please always check 'passport and visas' for more details on visa application on this trip, though we always advise you to check with your nearest consulate for the most up to date visa information.
1. For the duration of this trip you will have three local guides, one in each country.
2. Departure code PCAA190510 will stay at the Astoria Hotel in Tbilisi.
3. It can sometimes be difficult to confirm our preferred hotels in May and September in Baku and Yerevan. Please check the starting and finishing instructions and or the important information section in the Essential Trip Information (that's this document) to check if your departure will start or finish at an alternative hotel, or contact your booking agent.
Essential trip information
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information