Welcome to Borneo, a wild island renowned for its unique wildlife, indigenous cultures and pristine reefs and rainforests.
Borneo has long attracted explorers, adventurers and the wild-at-heart. From the heights of Mount Kinabalu to the coral-filled depths of its surrounding waters, this island packs in natural wonders aplenty including its most revered resident: the orangutan. With strong indigenous cultures, a fascinating colonial history and an entirely different experience depending on the region, or country, you visit, you can be sure that an adventure through Borneo will be a wild ride.
Highlights of Borneo
Excursions and experiences
Each of our tailored itineraries is sprinkled with what we call 'Peregrine Moments', those special experiences you'll only have while travelling in a small group with one of our local leaders. Here are just a few of the experiences you'll share in Borneo:
- Taste and smell your way through Bandar Seri Begawan’s famous Gadong Night Markets and discover Brunei’s local food scene
- Feast on a beachside barbecue in the idyllic Pulau Tiga National Park
- Drink tea with the locals in Kampong Ayer, a centuries-old village built on stilts over the Brunei River
- Snorkelling, kayaking, fishing and stand up paddle-boarding are all available straight off the boat at destinations throughout the trip.
The Peregrine difference
This state-of-the-art Motorsailer accommodates 49 guests in 25 cabins, each fitted with modern conveniences, including air conditioning, TV, mini-fridge, central music and safe box. With two restaurants on board, you can choose to dine indoors or al fresco. The swimming platform out back makes it easy to drop anchor and swim straight off the boat
- Use of kayaks, snorkels, stand-up paddleboards and fishing equipment.
- Turndown service twice a day.
- Fully equipped laundry service.
- Swimming platform (weather permitting).
- Towels for swimming.
- Fully stocked bar with professional bartender (charges apply).
- Use of kayaks and snorkelling equipment.
- Mini library.
- Board games.
- Central music.
- CD and DVD player.
- Audiovisual equipment in lounge.