Delve into Southern Africa’s varied treasures, from its world-renowned wine region to its iconic safari landscapes and wildlife
Embark on an adventure of a lifetime as you journey across South Africa and Botswana to the region’s most iconic attractions. Travel across South Africa’s southern coast, enjoying a tipple at some of the region’s most exquisite wineries and sampling local specialties, like oysters in Knysna, along the way. Visit the quaint seaside town of Hermanus, the world’s best land-based whale watching destination. Then spend time exploring some of the continent’s most cherished and iconic safari regions where giraffes, zebras, hippos and a rich variety of wildlife all roam. Hike the spectacular rugged coastline of Tsitsikamma National Park, spot elephants in Addo National Park, and keep an eye out for the ‘Big Five’ (lions, elephants, buffalo, leopards and rhinos) at Greater Kruger National Park and Chobe National Park. Round out the adventure with a visit to the thundering Victoria Falls, one of the world’s most spectacular natural wonders.
- Physical rating
- Min 15
- Group size
- Min 1, Max 12
Why you'll love this trip
Taste South Africa’s acclaimed wine heritage with a special Wine tasting in the Cape Winelands, where ducks form part of the workforce and hand-crafted wines are waiting to be sampled.
Experience some of the world’s best whale watching without leaving dry land. Hermanus’ coastal walkways have the perfect spots to sit and watch the whales as they frolic in in the bay.
Take the ultimate South African wildlife adventure. Explore some of southern Africa’s largest reserves – Kariega Game Reserve, Greater Kruger National Park and Chobe National Park – in 4WD’s with expert local guides.
The thundering Victoria Falls is one of the world's most spectacular natural wonders, a phenomenon of sight and sound. Then return to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, our feature stay on this trip, for views over their watering hole.
Is this trip right for you?
Meals17 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 10 dinners
TransportPrivate vehicle, Boat, Open safari vehicle, Plane
AccommodationHotel (4 nights), Feature Stay Hotel (2 nights ), Feature Stay Lodge (3 nights), Lodge (8 nights)
- Complimentary airport arrival transfer
- Stellenbosch - Vergenoegd Duck Parade & Wine Tasting
- Stellenbosch - Lanzerac Wine and Chocolate Tasting
- Betty's Bay - Harold Porter Botanical Gardens
- Betty's Bay - Penguin Colony
- Calitzdorp - Boplaas Port and Wine Tasting
- Oudtshoorn - Meerkat Experience
- Oudtshoorn - Cango Caves Guided Tour
- Knysna Lagoon - Oyster Tasting Boat Cruise
- Tsitsikamma National Park - Half Day Hike
- Kariega Game Reserve - Afternoon 4x4 Game Drive
- Private Game Reserve - 4x4 Game Drive
- Kruger National Park - Open Safari Vehicle Game Drive
- Morning Guernsey Bush Walk
- Panorama Route - Bourke's Luck Potholes
- Panorama Route - God's Window
- Chobe National Park - River Safari Cruise
- Chobe National Park - 4x4 Game Drive
- Victoria Falls - Entrance & Visit
- Victoria Falls – Zambezi River Premium Cruise
An optional single supplement is available on all nights of this trip (subject to availability).
Essential trip information
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information