For many, visiting the North Pole brings to life a long-held dream to travel right to the end of the earth.
The journey is sure to ignite an adventurous spirit, embarking from Russia on one of the world’s largest and most powerful icebreakers to reach the northernmost point on the planet. Peering over the roof of the world to find a shimmering horizon filled with ice is a surreal moment. Many travellers find themselves overcome with emotion, while others are in a festive and celebratory mood. You never know exactly how you’ll feel until you get there.
Our North Pole trips
Highlights of the North Pole
Excursions and experiences
Each of our tailored itineraries offer what we call ‘Peregrine Moments’. These experiences are shared yet highly personal, reflecting the candid style of our trips. Here are a few moments from a polar expedition to the Canadian Arctic.
- Watch in amazement as the ship crushes through Arctic pack ice on one of the most powerful ships built to withstand polar conditions.
- Launch off the ship in a helicopter to take in aerial views of the Arctic Circle.
- Take the optional tethered hot air balloon ride hovering directly above the centre of the North Pole.
- Spot wildlife cruising through Franz Josef Land, an archipelago filled with Arctic wildlife such as seals, walruses, whales and nesting birds.
- Enjoy a champagne toast at 90 degrees north and perhaps be bold enough to take a celebratory polar plunge into the icy waters.
The Peregrine difference
50 Years of Victory
Carrying the highest ice class rating possible, 50 Years of Victory can crush ice up to 3 meters (10 feet) thick, and is the world's largest and most sophisticated nuclear-powered icebreaker. An onboard helicopter extends the vessels ability to reach ice-locked, remote Arctic islands en route to the North Pole and gives you the unique opportunity to view this mighty ship from the air. An optional hot air balloon ride is also an unforgettable way to celebrate arriving at 90 degres North.