From time to time travel conditions in the countries we operate in can and do change. The safety and well being of our clients and staff is always of paramount importance to us and there are times when we are called upon to consider either cancelling trips or making changes to our itineraries to avoid problem areas.
- Peregrine makes these decisions based on information obtained from the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT) travel advisory and our own Local Operators, who are able to provide us with up to the minute information on the mood and feel within Country. Other important sources of information we consider include travel advisories from other foreign government websites including:
- New Zealand
- United States
- World Health Organisation
- Peregrine will not operate tours when the Australian Government travel advisory reaches level 4 ‘Do Not Travel’.
- Where possible and safe to do so, Peregrine will reroute itineraries to avoid the areas concerned and additional costs may be incurred.
- Decisions to cancel or re-route upcoming tours are made on a rolling basis, as situations and DFAT advice can change at any time. Where the advice is temporarily at ‘Do Not Travel’, we will review the status of our tours approximately 2 weeks prior to departure.
Egypt, Cairo Bombing 2019-08-06
On Tuesday 6 August a car bomb collided with other vehicles, triggering an explosion in central Cairo. Twenty people have been reported killed and 47 injured.
All of our group, leaders, and local staff are safe. All itineraries in Egypt will continue to run as scheduled.
Any minor changes to itineraries will be managed on the ground by our operations team based on the advice of local authorities and will be communicated through your group leader.
Our local office is constantly monitoring local Ministry of Tourism updates and has regional advisors to keep them abreast on events. We will continue to monitor the situation through our local operations team in Cairo along with government foreign travel advisories.
If you have any questions, please contact your booking agent.
Following a terrorist attack in Kashmir on 14 February, India's military response on 26 February and reports of air force incidents over border areas of the disputed region of Kashmir, there is increased tension in the region. There are reports of suspended and/or cancelled flights for some airports in North India. Airport operations and flight schedules may change at short notice. Peregrine does not operate any trips in the disputed areas of the State of Jammu & Kashmir. There is no impact on Peregrine trips in India at this time.