Split perfectly by its namesake river, wildlife-rich Gambia is one of those geographically perfect destinations for an adventure cruise.
The Gambia might be the smallest nation on mainland Africa, but it punches well above its weight. It’s a delightful mix of golden beaches, scenic lagoons, sleepy fishing villages and incredible biodiversity. On top of that, it experiences year-round sun; it’s no wonder the local are always smiling. Despite being wedged into Senegal, The Gambia has 80 kilometres (50 miles) of magnificent coastline – perfect for cruising on a small ship – thanks to the River Gambia that slices through it. You don’t need to venture far from this main artery to find some of The Gambia’s best treasures, such as a chimpanzee island reserve, national parks teeming with crocs and some intriguing historical relics.
Highlights of Gambia
Excursions and experiences
Each of our tailored itineraries is sprinkled with what we call 'Peregrine Moments', those special experiences you'll only have while travelling in a small group with one of our local leaders. Here are just a few of the experiences you'll share in Gambia.
- Get to know Bakau with a leader-led tour, known for its botanical gardens, crocodile pool and beaches.
- Visit the UNESCO-listed Kunta Kinteh Island and learn about its complex history with the help of a local guide.
- Explore Kiang West National Park and Bao Bolong Wetland Reserve with a local guide, where you’ll see all kinds of wildlife including guinea baboons, crocodiles, hippos and rare local birds.
- Enjoy a taste of Gambian culture with an onboard concert featuring the kora, a 21-string long-neck harp lute used extensively in West Africa.
- See the mysterious, UNESCO-listed Wassu Stone Circles, a megalithic site believed to be an ancient burial ground for kings and chiefs.
The Peregrine difference
The Harmony G has the look of a luxury yacht without the luxury price tag. State-of-the-art stabilisers ensure your trip is as comfortable as possible. An outdoor dining area, sun deck and bar means you can spend as much time as possible soaking in the sun, or cool down in the stylish indoor dining room or lounge.
- Turndown service twice a day.
- Fully equipped laundry service.
- Use of kayaks, snorkels, stand-up paddleboards and fishing equipment.
- Towels for swimming.
- Swimming platform (weather permitting).
- Fully stocked bar with professional bartender (charges apply).
- Use of kayaks and snorkelling equipment.
- Mini library.
- Board games.
- Central music.
- CD and DVD player.
- Audiovisual equipment in lounge.