Rock-hewn wonders and wind-swept vistas in Bedouin territory
Take an inspiring Middle Eastern journey through majestic Jordan on an eight-day Peregrine adventure to its acclaimed sights. 4WD through the sweeping sands and echoing formations of Wadi Rum, discover the larger-than-life facades of Petra on a guided tour and face the ancient Roman ruins in Jerash. On a round-trip journey from up-and-coming capital Amman and with unique accommodation along the way – including a premium Bedouin camping experience – Jordan no doubt proves itself as a destination with a long colourful history and deep-rooted traditions.
- Amman, Jordan
- Amman, Jordan
- Physical rating
- Trip rating
- 52 reviews
- Min 15
- Group size
- Min 1, Max 12
Why you'll love this trip
Gaze in awe at the towering, wind-swept rock formations at Wadi Rum on an included 4WD adventure, and note how the colours change as the sun makes its way across the sky.
Journey through the desert to a premium Bedouin camp and get to know the customs and cultures of this community before spending the night under a starry sky in your traditional accommodation.
You never forget your first glimpse of The Treasury through narrow canyon walls in Petra. Spend a day taking in its majesty and mystery, and if your dates align, consider booking an unforgettable night experience.
Be treated to traditional Bedouin cooking, like a zarb – a mouth-watering barbecue of chicken, lamb, and vegetables slow-cooked in an underground pit – among other Jordanian favourites on your trip.
The unique sensation of floating in the Dead Sea is like nothing else. Venture to the coastline and enjoy a night in its midst, perhaps taking a swim in the salty waters with your small group.
Is this trip right for you?
Meals7 breakfasts, 4 dinners
TransportJeep, Private aircon bus
AccommodationComfortable hotel (6 nights), Desert camp ( Feature Stay 1 night)
- Wadi Rum - Desert Jeep tour
- Petra - Petra second day visit (unguided)
- Shobak - Shobak Castle
- Dana - Ancient Village Visit
- Dead Sea - Visit Including Dinner
- Madaba - St Georges Church
- Mt Nebo - Mt Nebo visit
- Jerash - Roman ruins
Dates & availability
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Jordan Explorer trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
Jump to a departure month
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Petra By Night is offered as an optional activity. This activity is currently scheduled to operate on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please check your departure date if you are planning this activity as it is not available on all departures.
Essential trip information
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information