From time to time travel conditions in the countries we operate in can and do change. The safety and well being of our clients and staff is always of paramount importance to us and there are times when we are called upon to consider either cancelling trips or making changes to our itineraries to avoid problem areas.
- Peregrine makes these decisions based on information obtained from the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT) travel advisory and our own Local Operators, who are able to provide us with up to the minute information on the mood and feel within Country. Other important sources of information we consider include travel advisories from other foreign government websites including:
- New Zealand
- United States
- World Health Organisation
- Peregrine will not operate tours when the Australian Government travel advisory reaches level 4 ‘Do Not Travel’.
- Where possible and safe to do so, Peregrine will reroute itineraries to avoid the areas concerned and additional costs may be incurred.
- Decisions to cancel or re-route upcoming tours are made on a rolling basis, as situations and DFAT advice can change at any time. Where the advice is temporarily at ‘Do Not Travel’, we will review the status of our tours approximately 2 weeks prior to departure.
Following the death of Iranian General Qassem Soleimani in a US strike in Baghdad on 3 January, Iran fired missiles against two military bases in Iraq, containing US personnel on 8 January. The security situation in Iran and the region remains tense.
DFAT has not increased their travel advice level, and currently remains at "reconsider your need to travel" for Iran.
Peregrine do not currently have any travellers in Iran. Our next group in the country is Ancient Persia in Depth (PGAP200309) on 9th March. At this stage there are no planned changes to the itinerary of this trip and all upcoming trips to Iran will operate as normal. We will continue to monitor foreign travel advice, the situation on the ground and all groups in Iran will continue to avoid large public gatherings.
Travellers who wish to cancel their upcoming trip to Iran may change to another Peregrine trip without cancellation or change fees. If you have already applied for your Authorisation Code for your visa application, a non-refundable $100 USD service fee will apply. Please contact your booking agent should you wish to change your travel plans.