It once exerted terrible force over the world, then reeled into the modern era – bringing the rest of the planet along for the ride.
Europe’s heritage may be dark, but the ‘Old Continent’ is nonetheless a beauty. Russia’s imperial palaces stand testament to a terrible past, and the Vatican City still exerts a hold on the Catholic world. But Europe’s dusky eras are tempered by southern delights. There’s the blue and white of Mediterranean Greece – the ancient civilization that birthed Western culture – and the little known Jewel of the Adriatic, the glinting town of Dubrovnik. And for all its cultural feats, Europe still provides its natural escapes, from the trails of the Swiss Alps to Slovenia’s labyrinthine forests.
20% OFF the world
Save 20% on tours worldwide. Book by August 31.Terms & Conditions
Top 10 trips in Europe
8 Days From $2,736
8 Days From $1,964
15 Days From $4,452
8 Days From $2,280
8 Days From $1,992
15 Days From $1,588
7 Days From $2,425
8 Days From $2,380
13 Days From $5,205
8 Days From $2,064
Why you'll love Europe
- While Europe boasts plenty of rugged mountains and wild landscapes, it also excels at gentle pleasures and the finer things in life. Cycle between Provencal villages in France, walk through colourful cliff-top villages along the Amalfi Coast and sample the gastronomic delights of Italy and Spain.
- The impressive cities, palaces and landmarks of Eastern Europe rival those found in the West, but are less swarming with tourists
- There’s a lot more to Turkey than hot air balloon rides over Cappadocia (although this is often a stand-out experience). Discover a nation steeped in diverse traditions, rich history, unbelievable landscapes and proud local narratives
- Italy has drawn tourists for millennia, and there are many great ways to see it. We aim to show you a side of the country that others don’t, pointing out the little Italian idiosyncrasies that we’ve come to know and love
- The European tour itineraries in France are built for comfort, not speed. Rather than providing a carousel of 'best of' highlights, we place an emphasis on self-discovery and immersion
- From the historic city of Split to the Adriatic island of Mljet, culture, beauty and great weather come effortlessly together along Croatia’s stunning Dalmatian Coast
Destinations for Europe trips
What travellers are saying about European tours
Essential Russia, August 2017
The perfect trip for an active traveller who is really looking to immerse themselves in a new culture. I can't thank Peregrine enough for the experiences I have had whilst travelling with them, and look forward to doing it again - and soon!
Review submitted 22 Aug 2017
Essential Russia, August 2017
I would certainly travel again with Peregrine. The excellent organisation, the preparation advice, the planning, the selection of activities and the high quality of the guides, made this a very memorable holiday.
Review submitted 21 Aug 2017
Secrets of Italy, July 2017
Robert & Helen Lees
An excellent tour covering the major attractions and points of interest in the regions visited. Plenty of time allowed to explore your own interests after a comprehensive orientation walk at each location.
Review submitted 20 Aug 2017