Latin sounds and Inca ruins come to mind– but they all lie within a tremendous landscape of Amazon, Andes and hilltop lakes.
There are few things as rewarding as driving through the Bolivian countryside, over the colossal ridge which suddenly reveals sparkling La Paz splayed out before you. Or landing in Rio, beneath a giant statue of Jesus lording over a city of hedonism and dance. Nothing quite compares to flying through Iguazu Falls, or over Peru’s baffling geoglyphs, drawn into the sand hundreds of years ago. Meet the villagers who built their own islands on the sacred Lake Titicaca, or the playful seal cubs at the Galapagos Islands. This is the experience of awesome South America.
New trips in South America
Highlights of South America
See what it's like to tour South America with Peregrine
Why we love South America
- South America is a land of adventures. Trek the ancient Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, delve into the mighty Amazon rainforest and catch a boat to the thunderous base of Iguazu Falls
- Latin America’s diverse cities are packed full of character and dance to their own unique tempos. While an authentic milonga can be hard to find in Buenos Aires, our expert guides will help you track down the best tango venues in town
- Experience a variety of accommodation all across South America. Spend a few nights on a traditional estancia in Argentina, fall asleep to the sounds of the jungle in a cabin in the Amazon and retreat to an eco-lodge on the private Peruvian island of Suasi
- While spectacular wildlife can be found across the entire continent, the Galapagos Islands are something else. Giant tortoises, blue-footed boobies, pelicans, sea lions, dolphins and whales – this famous and remote archipelago is a hotbed of rare marine and bird life
- Bolivia features some spectacular, otherworldly landscapes. A two-day adventure across the rocky Atacama Desert and the vast salt lakes of Salar de Uyuni can change your perspective on things
- The tropical wetlands of the Pantanal are the untouched jewel of Brazil. Discover the region’s rich ecosystems, aquatic plants and wildlife on a jeep safari, canoe trip, walking tour or night safari
Destinations in South America
What travellers are saying about the region
Argentina & Brazil , April 2017
For those who enjoy a holiday that has diversity coupled with some low key adventures Peregrine Adventures offers this without skimping on comfort. The tour leaders we have dealt with have been of an eceptional high standard as have the local guides. As long as you have a reasonable level of fitness Peregrine Adventures are highly recommended
Review submitted 27 Mar 2017
Amazon & Inca Adventure, February 2017
The tour was excellent, this is the first tour I have been on and I would not hesitate to go on another Peregrine tour. Our guide was the best ever, knew all about the history of the places we visited, was more than helpful, fitted in with us and went at our pace. Make sure you take warmer clothing for Peru and Bolivia.
Review submitted 15 Mar 2017
Machu Picchu Experience - Independent, February 2017
Macho Picchu was amazing. It needs to be experienced to be fully appreciated. Difficult to convey this in photos or brochures. Loved exploring Cusco and other nearby places also - learning about the culture, history and cosmology. Very sad to have to leave and go home.
Review submitted 13 Mar 2017